My DVD Drive won't burn DVD's!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by silent sniper, Aug 17, 2008.

Aug 17, 2008
  1. silent sniper
    OP

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    So my DVD drive, the Sony DW-D22A is refusing to burn DVD's (which it is supposed to do!) with any file or program, I've googled my drive and some say that the DW-D22A isn't actually a Sony drive at all but actually some cheap knockoff, but I have no proof of that. Some people say it's great, other's have the same problem etc etc. Someone please suggest something?

a modded wii with no burned games is useless >.>

2. Sjaool

Newcomer Sjaool Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Lite-On is no cheap knock-off. [​IMG]

The DW-D22A is not one of Sony's retail products, it is OEM only. It is the bulk version of the DRU-710A which is a Liteon SOHW-1633S. The DW-D22A should be easily convertable to the DRU-710A because Sony probably won't release many firmware updates for this drive.

You can always try to Google how to crossflash your drive.

3. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    well, I've been googling some stuff about this, and this whole crossflashing thing seems confusing, even when searching up more info about it.

Does anyone know how to do this? I'd like to crossflash it to the DRU-710A.

4. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    I flashed a Liteon drive in the past so it would burn duel layer discs .
    Just download the "Sony DRU-710A (rebadged LiteOn SOHW-1633S/1653S). BYX5 - patched - crossflashing, multi-colored LED (for 1213S, 1613S, 1653S, etc.)"
    http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html from this page and run it if you want to try.

5. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    If your in ANY DOUBT ABOUT FLASHING then DO NOT ATTEMPT IT !!! you could potentially render the drive DEAD!!!!

my suggestion is try a LOWER burn speed and try different media!

some drives are pretty picky with media [​IMG]

make sure you also have the IMAPI burning turned off in XP you dont really need it unless your going to write PACKET CDS if you have no clue what that is .. then you prolly dont need to use it!

and also make sure you have installed the ASPI LAYER drivers by using force aspi to install them once installed reboot to complete the process [​IMG]

then try burning a dvd ... suggested programs to use NERO,NTI CD/DVD MAKER,IMGBURN,DISKJUGGLER,BURN@ONCE [​IMG]

anymore questions just ask [​IMG]

6. silent sniper
    OP

Canada
    well... i'm going to try some other DVD's before I try the whole crossflashing thing. thanks guys.