My DS cannot connect to my WIFI:(

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by munchlax:), Jul 20, 2011.

Jul 20, 2011
  1. munchlax:)
    OP

Newcomer munchlax:) Member

Singapore
    I can't seem to connect my ds to my WIFI at home. what can i do to fix my ds settings to connect to my home wifi??

2. junkerde

Banned junkerde Banned

United States
    manually add ip/gateway/dns settings, ds's are known to be picky about wifi, it sucks i could never connect it to my wifi, but the wii, ps3 and 360 i could. ds just sucks really bad at wifi connecting, just pure luck in my case, but yeah try manually inputing

3. munchlax:)
    OP

Singapore
    oh how do i begin doing it??

4. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    What is the security of your router at home? Are you using a DS, or something from the DSi family?

5. munchlax:)
    OP

Singapore
    I'm not sure how to check e security actually:( Sadly, I ain't very I.T. savvy:( Yeah I'm using a DS lite, does which generation of DS affect e WIFI connection??

6. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The DS Lite can only connect to networks where the security is WEP or lower. As WEP is pretty old and pretty crap, you home network is probably WPA or WPA2. You'll need to access your router through your computer and change your security to either WEP or off.

7. munchlax:)
    OP

Singapore
    Oh then if i do so, does all e laptops that can connect to my home router need to change the settings too?? to continue accessing the router that has changes to it