My DS Brokes :'[

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Njrg, Oct 7, 2009.

Oct 7, 2009

My DS Brokes :'[ by Njrg at 9:43 AM (653 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Njrg
    OP

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    Is it officially the point of no return when your top screen can still light up, but barely shows a picture in 95% black?

For awile when I moved my screen to the all away back position, it would go black like this, well I took apart my DS, and resembled it and now the screen is like that all the time. Is it possible to bend the wire thingy into fixing it? or should I assume its beyond help and just buy a new screen?

Unfortunately Top screens are apparently 5 times the costs of bottom screens and seeing as my DS is getting to the 3 year point, I kind of want to avoid buying a brand new screen for such an old system.

2. Bluelaserman

Member Bluelaserman I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!

Australia
    Which DS do you have and How much for the new top screen?

3. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    well you can get a replacement screen for anywhere from $10 to $25 but I think you have to do some soldering as the replacements don't have the speakers on them therefore you have to desolder and re solder the speakers onto the new screen, a lot of work to replace a screen! I suggest getting on craigslist and getting a ds lite on there, they can be had for about $50 in good condition!

4. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    actually disassembly a ds lite don't need soldering , just a Y and a X screwdriver are enough .
    yes upper tft screen cost double than lower screen . probably because lower screen is more hard to damage than upper
    ciao

5. Njrg
    OP

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    Guess I better get used to gameboy advance games...