My DS Brokes :'[

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Njrg, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Njrg
    OP

Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

Banned
    Dec 24, 2008
    United States
    Ivalice
    Is it officially the point of no return when your top screen can still light up, but barely shows a picture in 95% black?

For awile when I moved my screen to the all away back position, it would go black like this, well I took apart my DS, and resembled it and now the screen is like that all the time. Is it possible to bend the wire thingy into fixing it? or should I assume its beyond help and just buy a new screen?

Unfortunately Top screens are apparently 5 times the costs of bottom screens and seeing as my DS is getting to the 3 year point, I kind of want to avoid buying a brand new screen for such an old system.

2. Bluelaserman

Bluelaserman I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!

Sep 13, 2009
    The Land down under.
    Which DS do you have and How much for the new top screen?

3. RchUncleSkeleton

RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    well you can get a replacement screen for anywhere from $10 to $25 but I think you have to do some soldering as the replacements don't have the speakers on them therefore you have to desolder and re solder the speakers onto the new screen, a lot of work to replace a screen! I suggest getting on craigslist and getting a ds lite on there, they can be had for about $50 in good condition!

4. zhuzhuchina

zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2008
    Switzerland
    Shanghai
    actually disassembly a ds lite don't need soldering , just a Y and a X screwdriver are enough .
    yes upper tft screen cost double than lower screen . probably because lower screen is more hard to damage than upper
    ciao

5. Njrg
    OP

Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

Banned
    Dec 24, 2008
    United States
    Ivalice
    Guess I better get used to gameboy advance games...