Hacking My Custom Painted Wii!

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently came up with the idea to paint my Wii. I used gray enamel paint and used red anodizer for the buttons. I also stenciled in the Nintendo logo on the side of it in red.

It has Wii Menu 3.2 and a CyclowizV2 chip soldered onto the board.

sspx0053jd3.jpg

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually you could have made it more Punk, as the Nintendo logo is rough like some grafitti art, I'm thinking a sort of No More Heroes style Wii, with some cheesy wallpaper patterns. Oh yeah and some fluorescent green paint would have suited it.

All in all, it looks okay, but personally I think it's not "finished" yet.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Nice, best I've done in modding is changed a few LEDs in my controllers. I'll be painting my wiimote any day now.

When you say "red anodizer", what exactly is that? Since I changed my Wiimote player indicator LEDs to green, I was thinking of making the home house image on the home button green as well. Would that be an option?

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, it's on a paper towel
tongue.gif

Here's mine:
img00157qf7.jpg

(Blackberries take the worst pictures...)
Krylon Fusion Plastic Spray Paint and Hardcover Sticky Book Backings did the trick
biggrin.gif

Nice work on yours, NikoK, but i have to ask, did you disassemble the entire wii when painting it?

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually had an extra case from a friend and I painted it and then replaced it . Your guys wii's look way more intense though
tongue.gif

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You three are really going to hate your cases once you move out of your parents' basements.

The Wii does not look good with any accent colors on the buttons or flaps, because it's so asymmetrical.

Nikok, upgrade to component cables, already.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
teq said:
You three are really going to hate your cases once you move out of your parents' basements.

The Wii does not look good with any accent colors on the buttons or flaps, because it's so asymmetrical.

Nikok, upgrade to component cables, already.
Considering there are 4 custom wii cases in this thread and all of the owners love their wiis, we don't need you to discriminate our console mods so you can walk away with another post under your "belt". Maybe you should head over to your parents basement and get them to teach you to respect others things and keep useless comments to yourself.

And for the record, at the age of 13, I could love my case for years. No need to move out when I'm not even in high school yet. Go taunt others that could possibly care about your opinions.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
all of the owners love their wiis

And you'll continue to be the only one to love your "wii" for as long as you stay in your parents' basement...

deba94 said:
Considering there are 4 custom wii cases in this thread and all of the owners love their wiis, we don't need you to discriminate our console mods so you can walk away with another post under your "belt". Maybe you should head over to you're parents basement and get them to teach you to respect others things and keep useless comments to yourself.

And for the record, at the age of 13, I could love my case for years. No need to move out when I'm not even in high school yet. Go taunt others that could possibly care about your opinions.

I guess there's something about being thirteen that makes you guys jerk off to these cases.

The rest of the world, however, has taste.

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
teq said:
QUOTE said:
all of the owners love their wiis

And you'll continue to be the only one to love your "wii" for as long as you stay in your parents' basement...

deba94 said:
Considering there are 4 custom wii cases in this thread and all of the owners love their wiis, we don't need you to discriminate our console mods so you can walk away with another post under your "belt". Maybe you should head over to you're parents basement and get them to teach you to respect others things and keep useless comments to yourself.

I guess there's something about being thirteen that makes you guys jerk off to these cases.

The rest of the world, however, has taste.
I find all the painted/modded wii's in this thread have been rather tasteful and not at all overdone. Being an adult with a house, a life, a job, a kid. I can tell you that a well done case mod/paint job just makes the console unique. No need to act like an asshole over something that only you seem to particularly dislike.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-