Gaming My computer keeps locking up

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone i have this weird problem that only started to occur yesterday every time i browse the internet for more than 5 minutes on normal windows my computer locks up and i have to hard shut it down. However if i don't browse the internet it works perfectly fine no locking up i even played games like skyrim and starcraft 2 and nothing.

If i go to safe mode of windows the internet works fine and i can browse the internet without a problem. I have tested my memory, checked my hard drive to see if it was fragmented it wasnt, also rolled back to a previous driver and same thing,tried repairing windows nothing. I am about to just reinstall windows and see if that works unless someone can help me, also it is my wireless internet since im on a laptop and dont have ethernet connections.

I have tried all of the browsers available booted to safe mode scanned for viruses nothing uninstalled firefox downgraded nothing opera does same thing.

I used the windows disk to try and repair the installation that didnt work tried to test my ram thats fine used driversweeper to get rid of all traces of drivers to see if something was conflicting same problem. It looks like i will have to reinstall windows and see if the problem persists after that i hope it is something that a reinstall will fix as my laptop isnt under warranty anymore.

Edit okay im just going to reinstall windows

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i just gave up trying to figure out the problem so i reinstalled the Operating System so far no freezes and it has been about 10 minutes im going to keep running the internet for another 10 and see what happens hopefully whatever the bug was is now fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp