Hacking My backup games stopped working.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it says this:

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region: NTSC-U
The system menu v513 is running under IOS58 (rev 6176)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 79508382
Boot2 v4
Found 109 titles
Found 49 IOS on this console
Found 6 IOS Stubs on this console

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I forgot to mention... When I load up one of the backup Wii games, it doesn't immediately go to the "Disc cannot be read" screen. It loads up the health and safety stuff, then it'll go (in this case), to the "Hold the controller horizontally" screen in Super Paper Mario. Then it'll say that the disc couldn't be read. The same with all the other games, aside from the Gamecube games.
We need the IOSs of your console. Overall, it still sounds like a weak laser to me.

Siglamii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need the IOSs of your console. Overall, it still sounds like a weak laser to me.
I burned another copy of Super Paper Mario, and it works. Why would the old copy of SPM stop working in less than a 48 hour period, but then a new copy works perfectly fine? Could it still be a laser problem?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
burning DVD is tricky especially with a weak laser.
The DVD's condition, burning speed etc will all affect the outcome and a weak laser will amplify the effects. (the laser on the drive you used to burn the DVDs will affect that too.)

If your Wii really doesn't need a hardmod to read DVD, then it must be an early (old) model and that leads more to the aging and weak laser theory. Even if your laser is good to go now, it will die sooner or later so USB loading is the way to go.

PS. You should use syscheck HDE edition. The one you used is outdated.

Siglamii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burning DVD is tricky especially with a weak laser.
The DVD's condition, burning speed etc will all affect the outcome and a weak laser will amplify the effects. (the laser on the drive you used to burn the DVDs will affect that too.)

If your Wii really doesn't need a hardmod to read DVD, then it must be an early (old) model and that leads more to the aging and weak laser theory. Even if your laser is good to go now, it will die sooner or later so USB loading is the way to go.

PS. You should use syscheck HDE edition. The one you used is outdated.
Ok. I'll look around a bit more and get back to this thread tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far, I just really hope it's not the laser, cause I don't feel like trying to fix that.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, didn't know that version of SysCheck was outdated, I didn't really look. As for the freshly burned discs reading fine, it could still be the laser or you have some really crappy DVDs.

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lol another way is to use an external DVD drive. I got the idea 10 minutes ago and tried it 3 minutes ago... and it works great!

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, that works. Most USB Disc drives don't work with Wii/GameCube games, but since they're burned, I guess that's not that big of a deal.
Burning discs for external drives are so much easier... you burn then in CDFS format with these files: :\wbfs\Wii Games [TITLE ID]\TITLE ID.wbfs

I did that and it worked awesome.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burning discs for external drives are so much easier... you burn then in CDFS format with these files: :\wbfs\Wii Games [TITLE ID]\TITLE ID.wbfs

I did that and it worked awesome.
I just have a 500GB USB HDD hooked up to mine. I just have USB Loader GX dump my games to the drive. Glad the disc drive works, but not really my thing. I like having my entire library without having to swap discs.

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just have a 500GB USB HDD hooked up to mine. I just have USB Loader GX dump my games to the drive. Glad the disc drive works, but not really my thing. I like having my entire library without having to swap discs.
Yea I usually just use my 500gb HDD but when my little sister wants to play and I'm using the same HDD on my xbox 360, I just make her use the discs, :P.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?