Gazer of the East
OP
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
When I put on my computer is comes up fine. I got an error after downloading a homebrew app then my 3DS rested itself with nothing but DSiware titles and themes installed. What can I do??? The 3DS wants to format the card but everything I own will be deleted. Please help

Last edited by Something whatever,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I put on my computer is comes up fine. I got an error after downloading a homebrew app then my 3DS rested itself with nothing but DSiware titles installed. What can I do??? The 3DS wants to format the card but everything I own will be deleted. Please help
First backup your data somewhere safe on your pc, and check the sdcard with h2testw. Run the test with the "read & verify" option.
Format the sd as Fat32 32kb cluster size before and after the test.
It should tell you if it's faulty or dying.

Btw, you should check if you have a 32id folder inside sd:/Nintendo 3ds.

• Wow
Reactions: Something whatever

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
OP
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
First backup your data somewhere safe on your pc, and check the sdcard with h2testw. Run the test with the "read & verify" option.
Format the sd as Fat32 32kb cluster size before and after the test.
It should tell you if it's faulty or dying.

Btw, you should check if you have a 32id folder inside sd:/Nintendo 3ds.
I have a folder that named: 23e03bc5078107bc9ac170a330028d6e
Post automatically merged:

Update. The card is the one with the issue. it keeps saying its write protected even when I have the lock off, WTF

I have a folder that named: 23e03bc5078107bc9ac170a330028d6e

Update. The card is the one with the issue. it keeps saying its write protected even when I have the lock off, WTF
1676146045962.png

Last edited by Something whatever,

AdmiralBloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I put on my computer is comes up fine. I got an error after downloading a homebrew app then my 3DS rested itself with nothing but DSiware titles and themes installed. What can I do??? The 3DS wants to format the card but everything I own will be deleted. Please help
Hi
I got this issue and managed to fix it. So my problem was, I downloaded a bunch of games and one of them was corrupted.
I tried deleting but it end up not displaying any titles at all apart from TM++

Here's what I did.
I take out the micro sd card and put in my computer then right click on the card and select "properties", go to "tools" then repair sd card. (You can use windows powershell with "chkdsk [sd card drive letter] /f " to repair too)

When this is finished, you need to go to titles, so on your sd card go into your "Nintendo 3DS folder" until you see the folders called "titles" and delete the broken file (the corrupted title folder has been repaired into a file) and delete that file.

Now it should work, take out your sd card and plug it back in the 3DS.

May God Bless everyone in Jesus name :)

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
OP
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I got this issue and managed to fix it. So my problem was, I downloaded a bunch of games and one of them was corrupted.
I tried deleting but it end up not displaying any titles at all apart from TM++

Here's what I did.
I take out the micro sd card and put in my computer then right click on the card and select "properties", go to "tools" then repair sd card. (You can use windows powershell with "chkdsk [sd card drive letter] /f " to repair too)

When this is finished, you need to go to titles, so on your sd card go into your "Nintendo 3DS folder" until you see the folders called "titles" and delete the broken file (the corrupted title folder has been repaired into a file) and delete that file.

Now it should work, take out your sd card and plug it back in the 3DS.

May God Bless everyone in Jesus name :)
Thanks I ended up buying a new card but if it happens again I'll try that. THANKS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too