Hardware My 3DS power adapter stopped working.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
My charger died within the first week of use lol.. My solution was to buy a cheap DSi/XL USB charger (found one on Amazon) and I connect that to my charge cradle for convenience, problem solved.

TheZoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My charger died within the first week of use lol.. My solution was to buy a cheap DSi/XL USB charger (found one on Amazon) and I connect that to my charge cradle for convenience, problem solved.
Bad idea... I have a similar thread here stating that these chargers have different voltage output (in fact, they output NDSL voltage instead of DSi/3DS voltage). I'm still waiting for Nintendo reply regarding that issue and how can I proceed while living in Brazil.

Apparently I didn't need to. :P
I'm glad you could solve your issue. I opened a friend's charger yesterday with apparently the same issue, it was just a wire that was loose (bad/poor solder as it seems, just bad luck). Just soldered it back, it's working again :)

Janthran

Solarian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad idea... I have a similar thread here stating that these chargers have different voltage output (in fact, they output NDSL voltage instead of DSi/3DS voltage). I'm still waiting for Nintendo reply regarding that issue and how can I proceed while living in Brazil.

Apparently I didn't need to. :P
I'm glad you could solve your issue. I opened a friend's charger yesterday with apparently the same issue, it was just a wire that was loose (bad/poor solder as it seems, just bad luck). Just soldered it back, it's working again :)
I opened my old one up too. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: