My 2DS is dead :,(

ElusivePrincess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*PROBLEM FIXED! 2DS BACK FROM THE DEAD*Long story short, the power cable was tripped over, the system fell to the ground face down. When the power button is pressed, a blue light comes on but neither of the screens have any power. I will be making the funeral arrangements. I am legit torn to pieces. My electronics are my children!! Ok. Crazy lady rant of sadness done. :sad::cry:

Last edited by ElusivePrincess,
  • Sad
Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Long story short, the power cable was tripped over, the system fell to the ground face down. When the power button is pressed, a blue light comes on but neither of the screens have any power. I will be making the funeral arrangements. I am legit torn to pieces. My electronics are my children!! Ok. Crazy lady rant of sadness done. :sad::cry:
how about you take a look inside an post some pictures of it so "we" can take a look
.....best case scenario would be that only the ribbon cables got lose

ElusivePrincess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about you take a look inside an post some pictures of it so "we" can take a look
.....best case scenario would be that only the ribbon cables got lose
I have never opened a system! Total noob here in that dept. I guess I don’t really have anything to lose at this point. I am currently attempting to sleep but will update with pics later. Thanks for the suggestion!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The data on the SD card is encrypted, but you can still recover your save data as long as you have either a Mii QR code generated on the system, or access to another system that has the broken system in its Friends list, complete with Mii. (The Friend code alone will not suffice.)

But it would be much easier to see if you can switch the unit back on first.

Reactions: ElusivePrincess

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have never opened a system! Total noob here in that dept. I guess I don’t really have anything to lose at this point. I am currently attempting to sleep but will update with pics later. Thanks for the suggestion!
Be gentle when tearing it down! It's not difficult to take things apart, look up some YT vids if needed. You just need a screwdriver and lots of patience. Luckily for you It's not a DS or a PSP, because those are a nightmare to tear apart.

ElusivePrincess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The data on the SD card is encrypted, but you can still recover your save data as long as you have either a Mii QR code generated on the system, or access to another system that has the broken system in its Friends list, complete with Mii. (The Friend code alone will not suffice.)

But it would be much easier to see if you can switch the unit back on first.
Ok! So the system turns on fine without the sd card in it. I had installed homebrew on the system and had the files on the card…. Do I need to remove all files and see if it can read the card??? This is super weird.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok! So the system turns on fine without the sd card in it. I had installed homebrew on the system and had the files on the card…. Do I need to remove all files and see if it can read the card??? This is super weird.
Sounds like it struggles in reading the theme. I'd suggest you to boot the console without the SD card, insert it and change the home theme and reboot the console.

ElusivePrincess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it struggles in reading the theme. I'd suggest you to boot the console without the SD card, insert it and change the home theme and reboot the console.
Thank you!!! This worked. I turned on the system then inserted the sd card. Everything loaded except the theme & I changed the theme and now it works correctly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show