Homebrew Must have Homebrew apps ?

dracosson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just homebrewed a 3ds XL and I will be doing my New 3ds XL later. I was wondering what are some useful apps ?

I just set up wifi ftp app and plan on trying to get themes, gba, ds games running on them .

It would be nice to dump some of my carts of my gf's 3ds ... she took over my Sushi striker game :D Any movie players etc?

TylerFurrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want cheats: Sharkive (will be depreciated soon, wait for the next major release of Checkpoint)
If you want save management: Checkpoint (stated above, will soon replace Sharkive)
If you wanna edit Pokemon saves: PKSM
Themes: Anenome3DS
DS Cheats: NitroHax
DS ROM Loading: TWiLightMenu++
I'll edit this with more if I can think of any, gotta check my own 3DS for what I have

dracosson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want cheats: Sharkive (will be depreciated soon, wait for the next major release of Checkpoint)
If you want save management: Checkpoint (stated above, will soon replace Sharkive)
If you wanna edit Pokemon saves: PKSM
Themes: Anenome3DS
DS Cheats: NitroHax
DS ROM Loading: TWiLightMenu++
I'll edit this with more if I can think of any, gotta check my own 3DS for what I have
I would like to either dump some carts or at least their saves to transfer to the digital games. I do apperciate you looking !

TylerFurrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to either dump some carts or at least their saves to transfer to the digital games. I do apperciate you looking !
You can use GodMode9 to dump carts (remember to get GM9MegaScript alongside GM9) and use Checkpoint for the saves part, as it works with both digital and cart versions. For more info just look for the GBATemp posts about the particular apps.

Reactions: dracosson

dracosson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use GodMode9 to dump carts (remember to get GM9MegaScript alongside GM9) and use Checkpoint for the saves part, as it works with both digital and cart versions. For more info just look for the GBATemp posts about the particular apps.

So apparently I had god mode 9 and check point installed it took a good while last night to dump my cart but it did work. It was simple to combine the saves with check point.

Thanks again !

TylerFurrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently I had god mode 9 and check point installed it took a good while last night to dump my cart but it did work. It was simple to combine the saves with check point.

Thanks again !
Good luck on your quest for not needing carts, mine's almost done, just have a few kinks in the hose needing to be fixed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't talking about being lazy about looking for the software, I was talking about being lazy about getting play coins.
Oh, for a moment there I thought you missed the sarcasm about that latter.

About gold coins. I could see gold coins work when there are nicer seasons or areas where way of life involves a lots of foot travel, but not everyone is afforded that luxury. For example, I know for a fact @mike a is fellow south Floridian like me. Ain't no one around these parts is gonna walk around hot ass, sweltering, melt your balls off weather topped with mugginess from the on & off rain. Besides, 'Murica sensibility and spoiled entitlement from having homebrew has made some of us feel that we should be paid those coins for playing 3DS games in the first place. :D

Reactions: mike a

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turdpoo is right, it's hot as hell here. You literally have to hide in the middle of the day cuz it's so crazy hot. Then yes, there's the daily rain storms, don't wanna get my 3ds wet again. And if there's an app that'll give me infinite play coins then why not

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Play coins are stupid
For people who use their 3DS only at home and never take it anywhere the play coin stuff will be locked for them and for people like me who take their 3DS almost everywhere they'll have too much play coins and buying something with play coins doesn't feels like spending any money
I have to waste play coins on smash trophies when I reach the 300 coins limit

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

dracosson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FreeShop has been down for quite a while, find your illegitimate games somewhere else ;)

Not so much that as looking for apps like if there is a video player or such. Did find a ftp app was handy.

freeShop and related CDN downloaders like it are dead. Other various homebrew apps are still good to use.

Ahhh okay. Btw would you say a 256 gb is ok with 3ds? I saw some say that performance starts dropping off around there. I'm not a rush as I have a 64 gb I could use over my 16gb. I saw some 128gbs cheap on newegg.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1