Gaming Music not playing in XP

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We have about 11gigs of music in this one folder on our home PC. None of the songs will play, and upon further investigation, the folders WITHIN the folder of music (for example, separate albums, etc.) it says "Access is Denied." Any reason why this is happening?

NOTE:

We DID have file-sharing enabled before WITH that folder specifically.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know computer specs, it's running Win XP Home, the files were shared on an SMB network with a home netbook my girlfriend owns, and I don't know myself the whole situation, it happened to her, she just went to listen to songs on iTunes and they just wouldn't play, it would act as if nothing happened, then we tried it in Windows Media Player and it wouldn't play either.

Now, she tried this OTHER user on her PC, (she had 2 users) and the songs play just fine on that user. But BEFORE all the songs worked fine on the user they usually use. . . that sounds weird haha.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using XP pro, make sure you have administrator privileges on your account and then right click the folder and go to the security tab. Change the permissions for the accounts you want to full control.

If you’re not too fused about security you can add the account everyone and give it full control.

Edit: spelling.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
It's XP Home. .
You need to change the security options or take ownership of the files somehow. I have no experience with home so I'm not sure what options are available and what isn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny