Homebrew Music Equalizer for DS?

eltee38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I have been searching high and low for a simple music equalizer for mp3 playback on my new DS. I am very surprised that after 3 years of homebrew development no one has created a simple 5 channel eq yet. If I had the programming skills to do so I totally would. My skills however lie in sound and audio production, which is why the lack of eq adjustment on the DS is driving me crazy.

Does anyone know of any apps that have been released that can affect the sound of mp3's? Even a playback program with a simple 'bass boost' option would do.

Thanks a lot!

eltee38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From trying the DS out in my car the sound processing unit is actually of a pretty high quality. I have a crappy Sandisk mp3 player and the DS's sound is sharper and the tone clearer when played through external speakers outputted through the headphone jack. Yes the onboard speakers leave a lot to be desired, but I'm looking for an eq specifically for headphone output, so I can jack up the bass and tweak the tones to maximize the sweetness according to the headphone or speaker's frequency range. For that a simple 5 band eq would more than suffice, but I suspect the DS' sound unit is powerful enough to easily handle more bands than just 5. A sweet parametric eq would make me cream my sound engineer jeans. But I could be wrong, I am no programmer.

Any code savvy homebrewers care to enlighten me on this subject?
yaynds.gif

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
buy an eq for your car system? or just use the controls on the stereo you have in there already?? if it doesn't have the control you need, then upgrade the stereo..

eltee38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a great eq and speakers in my car already. What I need is a software EQ for the DS before it is outputted through the headphone jack, for times when I dont have access to an external eq, ie when I am running sound directly through a pair of headphones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock