Muscle Beach

8bit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To combat the depression of the latest Toyota Prius being launched, it might be helpful to look back at great muscle cars. Which are your faves and why?
wink2.gif

23093260001_large.jpg

Strosek 928

FirebirdBanditonTransAm.jpg

Bandit's 6.6 liter Boid

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1966 Shelby Cobra 427

mufp_0602_01z%201966_shelby_cobra_replica%20drivers_side_view.jpg

Sleek lines, lightweight body, and a whomping 425 horsepower engine.
She'd go from 0 to 100 and then back to 0 in 14 blinding seconds.
What's not to love?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
8bit said:
To combat the depression of the latest Toyota Prius being launched, it might be helpful to look back at great muscle cars. Which are your faves and why?
wink2.gif

What the fuck is wrong with the Prius? Oh wait, I see you are American so I guess it comes naturally that you are a moron who thinks that oil is endless and that it's ok to invade countries to constantly feed your need for gasoline to power the bloody tanks that your car companies are still creating. I laugh every time I see some advert from Ford, GM or any US based manufacturer, anyone who thinks 30 miles per gallon is fuel efficient is a retard and is more proof that your companies aren't trying to make vehicles more efficient, they just keep getting bigger and eat up more gas. I can travel from my place to Montreal on a full tank of gas in a Toyota Camry, I live outside of Toronto, it's about a 9-10 hour drive as well, I would like to see crappy Ford and GM cars try to do the same. I am sorry but if it costs more then 50 dollars to fill up a vehicle, you need to find a better car.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Dude seriously that was entirely unnecessary, just shut the fuck up and stay out of the topic if you can't post something productive other than American bashing, then again it appears you're from Canada so that says plenty enough as is. And those crappy American cars, those 2010 models are showing some vastly improved autos with much nicer efficiency while not sacrificing in other ways. American cars did suck and did for a good stretch which is why I don't drive them, but seriously, you're being a douchebag and way off topic.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
8bit said:
wink2.gif

What the fuck is wrong with the Prius? Oh wait, I see you are American so I guess it comes naturally that you are a moron who thinks that oil is endless and that it's ok to invade countries to constantly feed your need for gasoline to power the bloody tanks that your car companies are still creating. I laugh every time I see some advert from Ford, GM or any US based manufacturer, anyone who thinks 30 miles per gallon is fuel efficient is a retard and is more proof that your companies aren't trying to make vehicles more efficient, they just keep getting bigger and eat up more gas. I can travel from my place to Montreal on a full tank of gas in a Toyota Camry, I live outside of Toronto, it's about a 9-10 hour drive as well, I would like to see crappy Ford and GM cars try to do the same. I am sorry but if it costs more then 50 dollars to fill up a vehicle, you need to find a better car.

What the fuck is wrong with you? This topic has nothing to do with going against 'saving the planet' or any of that other hippy crap - it's about their favourite raw muscle. If you ask me, it is a sad time for cars when others are criticized for being interested in more than just transportation and are pressured to drive cars so gutless there is just nothing fun to the experience. I drive a Ford XR6 and not only can it do 9 litres to the 100 km (That'd get me from your place to Montreal on a single tank easily), but it has plenty of pull to boot.

On the topic of ole muscle's. I drove an old '62 MGB for a year and after that experience I struggle to enjoy any even remotely aged cars - so I'd have to say one of them new Dodge Challengers...

8bit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the environmental front I think hybrids have their own problems. The Prius has to be serviced more frequently than a normal car, is very complex (less recyclable, more prone to being junked once it gets 6-8 years old) and at the end of the day there is the question of battery disposal.

MGB GT (with 3.5 liter Rover/Buick V8)

std_1973_mg_b-gt-v8_grillevmax.jpg

Mustang Monroe Handler

mh6.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.