Murder By Facebook

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
israelnieves.jpg

Six months after the murder of 19-year old student Jason Rodriguez, Orlando police have finally arrested a suspect. Six months. That's how long it took to untangle the digital detritus of one of the most twisted internet-enabled crimes in memory.

It started with a scorned lover. Rodriguez, an amateur bodybuilder enrolled at Valencia Community College, had recently begun dating the ex-girlfriend of Israel Nieves (pictured above), when he started to receive messages from another woman on Facebook. Or so he thought.

The woman, named Ty Ann, exchanged flirty texts and emails with Rodriguez for a couple of weeks. They even video chatted once, building enough of a relationship that when Ty Ann asked Rodriguez to meet her, in person, at her house, he readily agreed. At around 10:15, he pulled up to the address he'd been given at the corner of Pavilion Drive and Holly Springs Circle. He texted a friend to let them know he'd made it:

"Heading to the chick house ... by Valencia like right there I'll text for the I'm good."

Except there was no Ty Ann. There was no house. There was just, detectives say, Israel Nieves, bandana pulled over his face, gun in hand, waiting to settle whatever score he'd dreamed up when his ex had left him in December. One shot through the side window later, and Rodriguez was dead.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, it wasn't until police searched through phone and email logs that they decided to pursue Ty Ann, and it was months of tracking false email addresses—and an unnamed iPod Touch app that sent text messages from a unique number—that they found out that she was, they say, a figment of Israel Nieves's imagination. Investigators traced back Ty Ann's communiques to Nieves's phone, email and iTunes accounts. That video chat? A female friend of the Nieves says he asked her to pose as the flirtatious femme fatale.

Let's not call this a cautionary tale; someone as unbalanced as Nieves would have done something terrible eventually, internet or no. Let's think of it as a reminder, though: That anonymity makes some people capable of anything. That the internet can be a terrifying accomplice. And that tragedies like this are part and parcel of the internet age.[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

What a freak :wtf: While reading I pictured the scene and believe me it looked like I was seeing a movie.

D

Deleted-236924

How many times are we going to have to say "You can't trust anyone over the internet."?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
and it was months of tracking false email addresses—and an unnamed iPod Touch app that sent text messages from a unique number—that they found out that she was, they say, a figment of Israel Nieves's imagination

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Waflix said:
Even after reading it twice, I don't understand it. Could anyone explain it to me?

Love triangle. The killer thought that the victim broke up his relationship with his ex. The killer decided to pose as a woman on Facebook. He seduced the victim online. The killer even had another girl pretend to have a video chat with the victim. The killer offered to meet the victim in real life. When the victim showed up, the killer shot him.

The police had trouble finding the killer because he covered his tracks very well. Fake e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc.

(I am a native English speaker, and even I had to read it carefully.)

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IBNobody said:
Waflix said:
Even after reading it twice, I don't understand it. Could anyone explain it to me?

Love triangle. The killer thought that the victim broke up his relationship with his ex. The killer decided to pose as a woman on Facebook. He seduced the victim online. The killer even had another girl pretend to have a video chat with the victim. The killer offered to meet the victim in real life. When the victim showed up, the killer shot him.

The police had trouble finding the killer because he covered his tracks very well. Fake e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc.

I understand it better now. But as I read other posts, I see there is a lot of confusion. Who broke up with who? And why would someone kill someone he breaks up a relation ship (or she breaks up with him)? Are they related?!?

D

Deleted-236924

Is it normal that English isn't my main language, yet I was able to understand everything on my first read?

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Waflix said:
IBNobody said:
Waflix said:

I understand it better now. But as I read other posts, I see there is a lot of confusion. Who broke up with who? And why would someone kill someone he breaks up a relation ship (or she breaks up with him)? Are they related?!?

Jason Rodriguez ( The dead guy) was dating the ex-girlfriend of Israel Nieves ( The killer) so he killed him for revenge because he believed he stole his girlfriend.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This is my understanding of the news:-
Israel probably had a GF before who left/dumped him, due to this he may have gotten pissed off at that and evidently, became a retard who wanted to kill someone because of a girl dumping him? Went onto facebook, made his imaginary girl Ty Ann, found a Victim on facebook, flirted with him, and for the video chat part, Israel asked his actual GF to do the webcam part with flirty poses. Which of course convinced the Victim that Ty Ann was a REAL GIRL, thus upon her invitation, the Victim happily drove to his death.

OR

It could be that Israel's (Murderer) real GF was an EX of the victim and wanted him wiped out because of a betrayal or so??

I'm not saying that Ty Ann is real because the article says she was, a figment of Israel Nieves imagination.

In short, a self imaginated Ty Ann by Israel Nieves.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OR
Israel had a girlfriend before who dumped him, and started a relationship with the victim. Israel thinks his girlfriend left him because she liked the victim more. He became jealous and killed him!

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Waflix said:
OR
Israel had a girlfriend before who dumped him, and started a relationship with the victim. Israel thinks his girlfriend left him because she liked the victim more. He became jealous and killed him!
I find this hard to believe only because it mentions that Ty Ann was a figment of Israel's imagination
unsure.gif
Now if that sentence means something else in whole then your thought may be the truth.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^^ Then Israel was seeing people that don't exist. So he thought his girlfriend left him for the victim.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why this is confusing, it's not vague, it's lengthy and hard to picture all at once.

Killer dated girl. They broke up. Girl went to another guy. Killer got jelly. Killer made up some girl to lure guy. Guy got lured and killed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup