Gaming Multiplayer Co-Op RPG Game like Soma Bringer ?

Energizzer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys I'm new here and really happy that i found this community... :-)

i'm from germany sorry for my bad english i will try to explain correct.

I played a few weeks ago the japanese RPG Game Soma Bringer but it was translated into english.
This game was EPIC i wondered so much we played it without a break :D

Now im looking for a game like Soma Bringer with following aspects:

- non turn based
- levelin, skills and weapons
- make own character with equipment
- multiplayer (co-op)

I played following games:
- FFCCEOT / ring of fates
- from the abyss

here is an nice rpg game called tales of hearts, but its not translated yet, maybe a game like this too?

thanks in advance youre the best :))

greetz

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can think of Blood of Bahamut and Phantasy Star Zero off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others I'm just a bit sleepy at the moment

Granted Blood of Bahamut isn't translated yet, but my friends and I had a great time figuring it out. (It's not as hard as it seems)

Oh oh oh and before I forget........

Welcome to the Temp enjoy your stay, be mindful of others, no name calling, and please be sure to read the rules:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

reshx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue dragon awakened shadow ,its pratically the same as soma bringer , only that it is 2nd person view , some binger is 3rd person view

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you want a DS game--too bad, 'cause games like Borderlands, and Diablo, and Torchlight really match what you're looking for!

Maybe the Mana series will be what you're looking for? Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 3 both are multiplayer and a bit more action-y than turn-based RPG.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
  • Children of Mana
  • Phantasy Star Zero
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  • Chrono Trigger DS -- Note: Multiplayer is an entirely separate mode and I'm not sure if it's co-op. All I know is that it has 2-person multiplayer of some kind.
  • Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  • Heroes of Mana -- Note: I am not sure if the multiplayer is co-op or not.
  • Legacy of Ys: Books I & II -- Note: I am not sure if the multiplayer is co-op or not.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
If you don't mind it being Japanese, try Cross Treasures. Good looking Action RPG with cute, chibi characters, 4 available classes to choose from (you can change them on the fly at home), there's about 5 2nd tier jobs PER CLASS on top of those base classes, and the ability to FORGE your own equipment from materials dropped by monsters. which are randomized, as well as the dungeons. don't like the dungeons you got dealt? pay a measly 10g to "reroll" it into a new dungeon, with new tilesets, denizens, and treasure rooms.

Oh, you can also cook food (which add status bonuses), and you can decorate the island. And you can fish. That's on top of all the dungeon romping.

Umm, and the equipment looks pretty. Coz every piece shows up. Helmet, armor, weapons, shield, boots. So making set equipment make things look nicer.

After you finish all that and defeat the final boss, you get access to the EX dungeons, which will make your character bleed immediately. Definitely for hardcore challengers only, the end game. You can also swap map layouts with eight other players, so that's 9 potentially specific dungeon sets.

You also get monster pets (no, sorry, they can't fight with you; they're just there to look cute).

No, I don't really like the game too much. ^_^

Energizzer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow so many answers this is crazy... :D

i looked at youtube for some gameplays off the games you wrote here... some of them are epic thanks!!! i'll test some now i'm so happy you're the best :DDD

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is an nice rpg game called tales of hearts, but its not translated yet, maybe a game like this too?
Unfortunately, AFAIK, the Tales games (including both Hearts and Innocence) have no multiplayer.
EDIT: I stand corrected. Both Hearts and Innocence do have multiplayer, but Hearts isn't translated yet - and I'm not sure if it's cooperative - and you can only play Innocence if you have a Japanese (non-translated) version.

• Children of Mana
  • Phantasy Star Zero
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  • Chrono Trigger DS -- Note: Multiplayer is an entirely separate mode and I'm not sure if it's co-op. All I know is that it has 2-person multiplayer of some kind.
  • Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  • Heroes of Mana -- Note: I am not sure if the multiplayer is co-op or not.
  • Legacy of Ys: Books I & II -- Note: I am not sure if the multiplayer is co-op or not.
Chrono Trigger is, I believe, competitive multiplayer. As I understand it, the only multiplayer in the game is the monster arena, which is accessible on New Game +.

Dragon Quest IX is co-op, but turn-based.

reshx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys I'm new here and really happy that i found this community... :-)

i'm from germany sorry for my bad english i will try to explain correct.

I played a few weeks ago the japanese RPG Game Soma Bringer but it was translated into english.
This game was EPIC i wondered so much we played it without a break :D

Now im looking for a game like Soma Bringer with following aspects:

- non turn based
- levelin, skills and weapons
- make own character with equipment
- multiplayer (co-op)

I played following games:
- FFCCEOT / ring of fates
- from the abyss

thanks in advance youre the best :))

greetz

Blue dragon awakened shadow ,its pratically the same as soma bringer

ayasaaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me ask in this topic instead creating another, since it can help th creator too XD

Me and two friend that lives far want to play ds together, so far we played Phantasy Star Zero and FFCCEoT (this one lags for the guest, too bad =/)
Do you guys know other rpg that are wi-fi instead ds wireless? We really wanted DQIX but it was local only :(

Thx for the answers =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1