Hacking Multiman showing "Start game from disc (PSX/PS3)" on a ps3 iso

GM Otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As title says, I am trying to learn how to run games off the external HD. I am doing Uncharted 2 since rebug makes it unplayable both in original bd/internal HD. Its a 19 GB file, when I go to multiman it only shows "Start game from disc (PSX/PS3)",it does not show a preview of what game it is like I seen in tutorials, running that just freezes my ps3...what am I doing wrong? Would be nice if I could run it off webman instead...

I have the game files on the folder GAMEZ (also tried GAMES),

Thanks!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have the game files on the folder GAMEZ (also tried GAMES),
Its a 19 GB file

If it's an ISO it goes into a folder called PS3ISO, GAMES/GAMEZ are only for JB-format "folder" disc backups

You need a CFW with Cobra (or Mamba) to run ISOs and Multiman set as MMCM (should be automatic if it detects Cobra), btw

GM Otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's an ISO it goes into a folder called PS3ISO, GAMES/GAMEZ are only for JB-format "folder" disc backups

You need a CFW with Cobra (or Mamba) to run ISOs and Multiman set as MMCM (should be automatic if it detects Cobra), btw

The problem is that when I have it set to Cobra mode, it asks me for something called USB.CFG to be used with a NTFS Hdd (its a fat 32) :(

EDIT: Also im not sure what format this is but its the same one everyone seems to use, its not an ISO but just a folder with the games content

Last edited by GM Otomon,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The problem is that when I have it set to Cobra mode, it asks me for something called USB.CFG to be used with a NTFS Hdd (its a fat 32) :(

EDIT: Also im not sure what format this is but its the same one everyone seems to use, its not an ISO but just a folder with the games content
Use... basically every any every alternative to Multiman that doesn't need that manual deviceid setting, lol

But that's beside the point - JB format games (which are the less accurate format, by the way) do NOT work from NTFS

Since you're claiming it's FAT32 but it gets detected as NTFS, are you sure you don't have a GPT partition table (ignored by the PS3) and a MBR that contradicts it? It's probably hard to cause this condition in the first place but never underestimate computers ~

GM Otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use... basically every any every alternative to Multiman that doesn't need that manual deviceid setting, lol

But that's beside the point - JB format games (which are the less accurate format, by the way) do NOT work from NTFS

Since you're claiming it's FAT32 but it gets detected as NTFS, are you sure you don't have a GPT partition table (ignored by the PS3) and a MBR that contradicts it? It's probably hard to cause this condition in the first place but never underestimate computers ~

I want to run it on webman if possible, just not sure what the set up for that is, webman runs games in the internal just fine (I also got it to run psx isos off a usb).

So what is the format I have where its just a folder called PS3_GAME with the game contents in it?

And no there is no partition, I formatted it to FAT 32 (I also run wii backups off it) and like I said, switching out of Cobra mode makes the Hdd readable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong