Hacking Multiman doesn't work after software update of 4.84

Mirwaiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I recently accidentally updated my friends ps3 from 4.65 to 4.84, And now when i try to launch the multiman it gives me an erorr of "80010017" what should i do to fix it?
Has the jailbreak been removed and i have to re-jailbreak? will i lose the games which are already copied?
Can i run the games after jailbreak with a different version of firmware?
Please help me.
20190511_091327.jpg

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
did you just update it or did you update your CFW? from the sounds of it you did an OFW update.

check system information to see what you are on 1st.

Last edited by Flame,

Mirwaiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
did you just update it or did you update your CFW? from the sounds of it you did an OFW update.

I updated it through the settin

I updated it through the settings via internet and my current system firmware is 4.84 i i guess that's an OFW

Mirwaiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
well if it was hacked. now you unhack it

you need to rehack it to run multiman
You mean jailbreak right? Will i lose my already copied games on the hdd of my ps3 after the jailbreak? And will the games which i installed it on a previous version of CFW run on a new version of CFW cause some say will only run on the version it was installed on?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
well you kinda messed up once you went from CFW to OFW.

but once you re-hack you should be able to do what you want again. and yes you will likely lose everything. but once its hacked, you can get everything easy.

also jailbreak is used for iOS devices. not anything else.

if you need more info just ask.

VyperS_702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try installing HFW first

Rerun the PS3Exploit to patch the system and then reinstall CFW
You will have to install the HFW from the recovery menu. Just put it on a usb drive in the PS3/UPDATE folder, then restart in recovery and update the firmware. Then you can run the psxploit patches before finally installing CFW again. Games should be okay.

willride365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could use some help in this area I came home from a vacation and my wife updated the system firmware because she was trying to watch a Blu-ray disc so now my multi-man is no longer functional it says I'm on 4.81 I believe that's official firmware

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is this still an active board I could use some help my wife updated my firmware when I was on the road

Dustink6812

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a modded ps3 system and it's telling me a system update is required to sign into ps network? Am I supposed to do the update or if I do the update will it unhack the system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1