Hacking MultiMAN and Darknet 4.65

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
So I installed Darknet 4.65, and MultiMAN hasn't been updated to work with 4.65 firmwares yet. There's a v04.65.00 pkg floating around that's been modified to work with 4.65 CFWs, and I installed that, but I still can't get the damn thing working. It says "An error occurred during the start operation," and the error code it gives is 80010009. I've looked this up and couldn't find any clear answers, at least not in regards to launching MultiMAN itself. Someone please tell me how to fix this, I miss my MM so much. IrisMAN sucks sooooo hard.

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about that... I really like Rogero firmware, though what I've read in regards to others, one or two of them can directly load ISOs, PS1, 2 and 3. Which one was that? I think it was a COBRA one but I wasn't sure if COBRA was compatible with my model. I don't have a dongle or whatever. I've read somewhere I needed one for COBRA CFWs.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
4.65 isn't a mandatory firmware, you can be on 4.60 and still get on PSN all the same. Only game I'm aware of that needs 4.65 is Alien Isolation, for which there is an eboot patch available.
That modified Multiman for 4.65 is only for a specific 4.65 CFW I believe, Habib 4.65 Cobra.
Cobra Dongle got discontinued and they open sourced their CFW patches, which have since been integrated into a few other firmwares.

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I can't get on PSN. My console and PSN ID were banned. :/

The MM I found was for CEX firmwares, which Darknet is. And apparently it's similar to Habib 4.65 in a lot of regards. But either way, I think I'll just downgrade if it doesn't work out with the Habib firmware.

Does my console require anything special for COBRA? It's just a jailbroken fat model, no chip, dongle, 3k3y, ODE, anything like that.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No you just need a firmware that supports it or has it prebuilt in, but I can't help you on that field I'm afraid

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still keep multiman around for its functions but I use webman for playing ps3 games and stuff since it lets me load everything from the XMB. I'm using habib 4.65 too.

There's other alternative loaders out there of course but I can never get them to work. Irisman and its many forks come to mind.

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'll give Habib 4.65 COBRA v1.02 a whirl, apparently multiMAN 04.60 still works with it.

I still keep multiman around for its functions but I use webman for playing ps3 games and stuff since it lets me load everything from the XMB. I'm using habib 4.65 too.

There's other alternative loaders out there of course but I can never get them to work. Irisman and its many forks come to mind.

I can't stand IrisMAN. It's just... crap. Lacking in features and not nearly as polished as MM looks and runs. But Webman sounds cool, I like the idea of running stuff from the XMB since I have a lot of PSN games still installed.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'll give Habib 4.65 COBRA v1.02 a whirl, apparently multiMAN 04.60 still works with it.

I can't stand IrisMAN. It's just... crap. Lacking in features and not nearly as polished as MM looks and runs. But Webman sounds cool, I like the idea of running stuff from the XMB since I have a lot of PSN games still installed.

I kind of don't have a choice in the matter either. I have a 3TB hard drive and multiman and every other loader refuses to work with it but webman/multiman works via ps3net. I just find webman easier to work with since it's right there in the xmb.
(in case anyones curious you can format the HD in a weird way to get it working but performance decreases for me)

You can grab the newest webman mod here http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=257 install the pkg and then run the program to install webman and everything. You can uninstall the program after.

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well, Webman 1.30 and MultiMAN 4.60 both work with Habib 4.65 COBRA. I wish there was a way to list all the backups in the XMB along with the PSN games, in neat little folders by genre. Oh well. Close enough. I think I have a new favorite backup launcher. I can still use multiMAN's tools, when needed.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What sucks most though is that the ps3 wont many too many more firmware updates anyways so it's kind of a bummer that he'd retire.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Habib's 4.65 Cobra 1.02 with PSNPatch 4.95.09 stealth webman plugin is all you need.

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.