Hacking MT-Card 2.3 released without news ?

Snoozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very true but like you said, they are Behind not Ahead.

Now your just showing your ignorance. The two multi-roms are vastly different. MT released theirs first and was a Hardware functionality, GW's was strictly software. Just because they did the same thing (one very slowly, the other swift), does not mean they are the same (and before you even bring it up, Its already confirmed MT uses's GW's code so don't try to flip this around on me).
Also, you keep bringing up the multi-rom thing to show Mt's innovative ability, but that creativity was shot in the face the second they CHANGED their multirom to function as GW's did. The only thing they did was re-skin a better GUI onto it (which i'll admit is kinda better then Gateway's because it shows more games at a time). The MT-card now has a black button on the back that does nothing so your argument is invalid.

Nope, that's wrong, the black button on the MT card still allows roms to be changed on the main home screen. The 2.0 hardware update brought the MT rom selection menu system. If MT didn't bring multi rom there's a fair chance GW users would still own around 10 2gb and 10 4gb micro sd cards. I have both GW and MT. Do you have both cards?

Mind who you call ignorant when your experience with both these cards is unknown and potentially inadequate.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, that's wrong, the black button on the MT card still allows roms to be changed on the main home screen. The 2.0 hardware update brought the MT rom selection menu system. If MT didn't bring multi rom there's a fair chance GW users would still own around 10 2gb and 10 4gb micro sd cards. I have both GW and MT. Do you have both cards?

Mind who you call ignorant when your experience with both these cards is unknown and potentially inadequate.

MT releasing Multi Rom had nothing to do with Gateway releasing Multi Rom, Gateway were already testing it before MT released there's, which was shown in a video before MT came out. It would have been easy enough for Gateway to release a new card with a stupid button to change roms, but they decided to do it the more efficient way, which just so happened to take a tiny bit longer. As soon as Gateway released their more efficient Multi Rom, it wasn't long before MT cloned it and added a different GUI.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww sheesh its the same old tripe peddled by Gamesquest et al, extolling the virtues of GW over MT (yawn). As everyone is aware currently there are no advantages of GW over MT.

This update shows that the MT Group are just 10 days behind GW now.

In any case most GW people have shut the (beep) up since GW failed to release the 9.0-9.2 compatability nand. MT never promised an update that was "around the corner" a few weeks back. The GW hype train seems to have truly crashed and burned for 2014. Maybe they can bring something in 2015 but don't count on it. The MT Group can't do any worse than GW at present. The MT Group hasn't promised an update then turned and kicked their fans in the teeth at christmas !

GW has always come through on their promises so there's no reason to think it will be any different this time. It took a really long time for them to get 6.2 emuNAND support added but they wanted to make sure it wasn't buggy. I'm sure that is partly the reason why it is/will be taking so long to release. I think their problem is that they get bombarded with so many emails asking the same things that after a while they can't manage it all so they make public announcements too soon (which probably gets them way more mail than before). Anyone that participates in any cat and mouse game like this will eventually learn about patience. :teach:

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As long as everybody is happy with their own flashcarts, who gives a crap? Flashcards have always had their own pros and cons.

Vindicator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Seriously doubt that there are any MT-card owners left on this forum, but I'll ask anyway: can you tell me how to update Emunand on MT-Card so I can play Smash Bros and other latest games? I found only one more or less clear instruction (), but it's not working - up until new firmware installation everything is ok, but after that the 3DS reboots and shows that I still have my old 4.5 firmware, and none of the newer games work.
Should have bought Gateway, it seems to be getting helluva support, but it's too late now.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When the video was made, 9.4 was stilm the last firmware available. Now you have to use 3DNUS to update your emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: