Hacking MT-Card 2.3 released without news ?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If someone chooses to buy a clone, it's their own fault to begin with. So I can't follow your logic there.

In any case, MT-Card started out as a clone. Then it evolve to a clone with some unique but crap functionalities. Then it regressed back to a clone.
Sure, MT-Card has a team behind them, one that actually cares about "updating" their card. But if they're still making money and selling, who wouldn't?
They basically reverse engineer what GW does. Kudos for them for having at least that much skill but they're a clone nonetheless. The only reason why they can't use GW's software is because GW is actually skilled enough to prevent it from happening again, at least directly.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
If it works like GW, looks like GW and doesn't support as good as GW, then it's probably a GW's clone ;)
MT-Card started as the first 3DS mode flashcard that had multirom. They included their own (partly very buggy) features all the time and took the best from GW.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can call it whatever you want. Clone or downgraded version of Gateway.
In the end, they still work the same way basically and if they can't use the same software directly, it's only because it's protected to prevent it.
So, by this sort of reasoning, is Pepsi a clone of Coca-Cola?

I mean, they have different formulas and all, but that's only because Coca-Cola's formula is protected.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, by this sort of reasoning, is Pepsi a clone of Coca-Cola?

I mean, they have different formulas and all, but that's only because Coca-Cola's formula is protected.

Not sure which came first but yeah, lots of people call it a clone. Even the reverse thing happens.

And as you said they have different formulas. However if you check the basic code programming of both flashcarts, it's pretty much the same. They work the same way. That's why MT-Card started out entirely as a "pure" clone of Gateway. Of course with time both cards evolve and some things get different due to how GW protects itself and how MT-Card tries to implement new functionalities (only one really, the cheats and not all that great).

But in the end, a clone is a clone. There's no point thinking further and completely analyzing the meaning of the word "clone".

MT-Card started as the first 3DS mode flashcard that had multirom. They included their own (partly very buggy) features all the time and took the best from GW.

Yeah, they were the first to have multirom since they released a crappy version just to be the first. Gateway team on the other hand worked properly with their version and that's why that one is the one being used currently by not just one but both cards.

Let's face it, even when MT-Card's team tries to differentiate themselves from Gateway, they simply can't do it properly.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well it is a clone, several dev's already confirmed like 90% of their launcher.dat is directly ripped from gateways, its like me taking the original SMB rom changing the title screen and adding a crappy half functioning cheat menu and claiming its not a clone.....to clone something is to copy it....yeah you can add extra stuff but it doesn't change that you copied the vast majority of the work, if you where truly skilled you would just do the whole thing yourself and not need to copy

anyways it is what it is, and i think most people can accept that, its just a shame they weren't more competent, the only stuff they have added themselves has been crappy or buggy, i can only imagine what a self made launcher would work like :P

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, they were the first to have multirom since they released a crappy version just to be the first. Gateway team on the other hand worked properly with their version and that's why that one is the one being used currently by not just one but both cards.

Let's face it, even when MT-Card's team tries to differentiate themselves from Gateway, they simply can't do it properly.
Personally I didn't think that their multirom was crappy. It worked as expected and it's even the same like SKY3DS and R5SDHC. Anyways it was thousand times better than what GW had.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Personally I didn't think that their multirom was crappy. It worked as expected and it's even the same like SKY3DS and R5SDHC. Anyways it was thousand times better than what GW had.

do you know what people call Sky3DS' multirom? crappy. troublesome. worse than GW's multirom.

But at least they have an excuse since their exploit is different than Gateway's.

But MT-Card works the same way and was never able to improve it. They just replaced it with GW's version.

And sure, having multirom is better than not having it. That's why at the time it might have been better than what GW had. But you know the reason why that happened as I already explained before.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
maybe "crappy" was the wrong word......basic would be more fitting, basically it was what you would expect from a beta product, no real finishing touches to make it look like more than 5 minutes where spent coding it

Reactions: Sonicx64

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do you know what people call Sky3DS' multirom? crappy. troublesome. worse than GW's multirom.

But at least they have an excuse since their exploit is different than Gateway's.

But MT-Card works the same way and was never able to improve it. They just replaced it with GW's version.

And sure, having multirom is better than not having it. That's why at the time it might have been better than what GW had. But you know the reason why that was as I already explained before.
But SKY's Multirom has also other problems that MT's didn't.
BTW MT's multirom is not equal to GW's. It shows 10 games in addition to some other things. How can you argue about MT without even having a MT?

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And as you said they have different formulas. However if you check the basic code programming of both flashcarts, it's pretty much the same. They work the same way. That's why MT-Card started out entirely as a "pure" clone of Gateway. Of course with time both cards evolve and some things get different due to how GW protects itself and how MT-Card tries to implement new functionalities (only one really, the cheats and not all that great).
I'm still having issues understanding this.

Is Gateway a clone of earlier DS carts of old, like the original R4 (if such a thing really exists)? The Gateway used an exploit that was based off the original DS carts, and the blue Gateway cart could even be considered a form of R4. If Gateway is a clone, why would anyone care about something that is a clone of a clone?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But SKY's Multirom has also other problems that MT's didn't.
BTW MT's multirom is not equal to GW's. It shows 10 games in addition to some other things. How can you argue about MT without even having a MT?

Because I've seen it work before. I don't have to own one have have messed with it.

And sure. It shows more games. That's the same as building a sheet table and instead of having 5 columns, it has 10. The code is still the same anyway.

Btw.. I only used Sky3DS multirom as a comparison since you mentioned they were the same. But it's useless to try to compare GW/MT to Sky3DS since they work in different ways.

I'm still having issues understanding this.

Is Gateway a clone of earlier DS carts of old, like the original R4 (if such a thing really exists)? The Gateway used an exploit that was based off the original DS carts, and the blue Gateway cart could even be considered a form of R4. If Gateway is a clone, why would anyone care about something that is a clone of a clone?

GW used an exploit that existed in 4.x firmware in DS Mode. It's just the entry point to allow GW to work. It does not mean that Gateway is a copy of DS flashcarts.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because I've seen it work before. I don't have to own one have have messed with it.

And sure. It shows more games. That's the same as building a sheet table and instead of having 5 columns, it has 10. The code is still the same anyway.

Btw.. I only used Sky3DS multirom as a comparison since you mentioned they were the same. But it's useless to try to compare GW/MT to Sky3DS since they work in different ways.
I never said that most of the code is not the same but they take some of GW's code and try to improve it.
I don't think that it's useless to compare the features of SKY3DS and GW/MT. How else do you want to decide which one to buy?

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW used an exploit that existed in 4.x firmware in DS Mode. It's just the entry point to allow GW to work. It does not mean that Gateway is a copy of DS flashcarts.
See, I find this very odd since the blue cart that made Gateway possible actually is a DS cart.

That's how it was able to run the DS Mode exploit.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I never said that most of the code is not the same but they take some of GW's code and try to improve it.
I don't think that it's useless to compare the features of SKY3DS and GW/MT. How else do you want to decide which one to buy?

I meant comparing the way they make it work. The code. Not the quality of the product in itself. Of course that without comparing products, it's impossible to choose what is the best.

And I also never said they didn't work or try to improve. MT-card's team only flaw is not trying to do it themselves and going for the easier way. And even tho it might be "easier", it's not easy at all. Reverse engineering GW's work is no small job. So as I said before, kudos to them for that.
But their attempts at improving always fall short in what they could try to do. If you only increase the number of games displayed, it's hardly a noticeable improvement. If you implement a cheat engine that is buggy and has poor compatibility, it's not all that important either (altho it's an early job so I give them a break here).

I'm not against "clones" that try to improve themselves. This discussion only started about if it should be called a clone or not. Not about if they're good.

See, I find this very odd since the blue cart that made Gateway possible actually is a DS cart.

That's how it was able to run the DS Mode exploit.

The blue card only works to install the exploit which allows the rest of GW's functionalities. It doesn't have to be used again. And the red card isn't like that at all.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The blue card only works to install the exploit which allows the rest of GW's functionalities. It doesn't have to be used again. And the red card isn't like that at all.
So, you admit that using DS cart designs like the R4 was the only way for them to get a working card.

Considering that they didn't design the R4, or anything like it, the Gateway is a R4 clone. It doesn't matter how much effort they put into making it different than a R4. They were, and always will be, a R4 clone because they used original DS carts to jump start their tech.

I think I'm finally getting some consistency here.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, you admit that using DS cart designs like the R4 was the only way for them to get a working card.

Considering that they didn't design the R4, or anything like it, the Gateway is a R4 clone. It doesn't matter how much effort they put into making it different than a R4. They were, and always will be, a R4 clone because they used original DS carts to jump start their tech.

You are an idiot.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

lol. They needed a DS flashcart to install the exploit since it works in DS Mode of the 3DS. A DS flashcart. Any flashcart. They just chose to use a copy of a really cheap one that worked. But in case you don't know, any DS flashcart can install the exploit. There's no need to use the blue card.

They didn't put any effort into making it different. The way to install the exploit is just one. What matters is the way the code works and the way the red card works.
But if you want to keep going down this line of logic, you can do it alone. I explained what had to be explained already. But I'm not here to discuss stuff with people who refuse to learn how something works or trolls.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

except that they probably just bought a whole bunch of old NDS cards of the actual original dev's that where un-needed for dirt cheap i.e models that wouldnt work on 6.x, basically nobody cares about the NDS card thats not important in the slightest and it was not what they are selling you, i don't think anyone has ever though "ooooh ill buy a gateway for that sexy blue card, ill just stick the red one in a draw as its useless" where as plenty have just thrown the blue card to one side to use their own NDS card like the DSTWO

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
At first he was trying to use the scientific definition of a 'clone' in a technological scenario to try and prove MT isn't a clone and now he's made up his own definition and spouting any random nonsense. He's either a troll or really really stupid.

judging from his recent posts, he doesn't seem a troll. and usually not stupid either. it seems it's just in this case.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah i think the majority of people can accept that they are cloning, and that's all good, if you trust their copying abilities and the price difference of like $5-10 is that much that you consider it a shrewd investment, then by all means buy a MT card and enjoy, personally i like knowing that the card im using isn't relying on it going through 2 teams to get updates, especially when the first team would be trying to sabotage the second team at every turn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night