Trophies
XP
Country
trying to hack old 3ds on latest fw

but get this error

1. Setup MSET9
2. Inject trigger file 002F003A.txt
3. Delete trigger file 002F003A.txt
4. Remove MSET9, DO NOT FORGET to run this after you finish the exploit!
5. Exit
>>>1
Setting up... done.
>>>2
Injecting...Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mset9.py", line 328, in <module>
inject()
File "mset9.py", line 205, in inject
with open(trigger_path,"w") as f:
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'Nintendo 3DS/ccabd09d5c61e69df4a575333238f0a7/\uffff\ufaff餑䠇䚅敩ꄈ∁䬅䞘䙨䙙ꫀᰗ䙃䰃䞠䞸退ࠊꁱࠅ캙ࠄsdmc退ࠊb9/extdata/002F003A.txt'
Do your folders have the name in a different language?

Reactions: J-Will

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah! Now we don't need Mario Kart 7 anymore which means that less people is gonna buy Mario Kart 7 from Walmart, Amazon, or eBay. This means Mario Kart 7 will have a less chance of bidding and going out of stock in these online stores.
Funny thought seeing something like that… but…
Highly unlikely for Mario Kart 7 being hard to get at any point. According to Wikipedia it is the 3DS game with the most copies sold: 18.94 million. That is a lot of carts produced – eShop purchases will be a fraction only for full-prized titles – and there are many 2|3DS editions that came with Mario Kart preinstalled.
All in all not a big deal getting a legitimate copy of that game in your hands. It is a different situation than with the first 3DS exploit, which made low number produced Cubic Ninja go from "garbage worth pennies at best" to "insane three digit price" over night.

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then that is most likely the problem, you'll have to set the 3ds to english and after that rename the Nintendo 3ds folder to something else. Let the 3ds create a new Nintendo 3ds folder and try again with the exploit
The file names also have to be correct too

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah! Now we don't need Mario Kart 7 anymore which means that less people is gonna buy Mario Kart 7 from Walmart, Amazon, or eBay. This means Mario Kart 7 will have a less chance of bidding and going out of stock in these online stores.
uhmm for the longest time there were exploits not involving any paid software so i don't think this will really affect mk7's sales all that much. Plus there's still a lot of people who don't want to pirate!! On another note though, walmart/amazon still sell mk7??

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhmm for the longest time there were exploits not involving any paid software so i don't think this will really affect mk7's sales all that much. Plus there's still a lot of people who don't want to pirate!! On another note though, walmart/amazon still sell mk7??
Yes, Walmart and Amazon still sells MK7.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Then that is most likely the problem, you'll have to set the 3ds to english and after that rename the Nintendo 3ds folder to something else. Let the 3ds create a new Nintendo 3ds folder and try again with the exploit
I actually hacked it with my hacked 2DSXL

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ohh yyyeahhhh! Time for MSET 2: 3D Zoogaloo. I remember the early years of the OG 3DS and the early exploits on 4.x firmware involving an early MSET exploit that has now been patched for awhile. Nice to see another one crop up after all these years. Of coarse if you have a DS/DSi and a Acekard 2i or similar ntrboot compatible DS flashcart it won't beat the good ol bootrom exploit but this certainly helps those who lack the hardware requird to pull that one off. :D

Plus it's cool to see a classic return for the n3DS era. :P

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Ohh yyyeahhhh! Time for MSET 2: 3D Zoogaloo. I remember the early years of the OG 3DS and the early exploits on 4.x firmware involving an early MSET exploit that has now been patched for awhile. Nice to see another one crop up after all these years. Of coarse if you have a DS/DSi and a Acekard 2i or similar ntrboot compatible DS flashcart it won't beat the good ol bootrom exploit but this certainly helps those who lack the hardware requird to pull that one off. :D

Plus it's cool to see a classic return for the n3DS era. :P
I'm really bad at naming exploits. MSET9 is really mostly an arm9 exploit that just so happens to have its most favorable attack vector in MSET. It could theoretically be implemented anywhere you can call FS_EnumerateExtSaveData, which is ... anywhere :ha:

I guess I could have called it Enumhax9, but I didn't like the sound of it :P
I also totally get your nostalgia for MSET, I've found 3-4 exploits there myself and that probably influenced the final name.

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really bad at naming exploits. MSET9 is really mostly an arm9 exploit that just so happens to have its most favorable attack vector in MSET. It could theoretically be implemented anywhere you can call FS_EnumerateExtSaveData, which is ... anywhere :ha:

I guess I could have called it Enumhax9, but I didn't like the sound of it :P
I also totally get your nostalgia for MSET, I've found 3-4 exploits there myself and that probably influenced the final name.
MSET9, arm9, boot9, and GodMode9, the 4 9's.

The 4 9's came from 3 x 3 from the 3DS's number, 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.