Mset on O3DS 9.2?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YourHero, Sep 7, 2015.

1. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I've been out of it and I noticed it WAS for N3DS and not O3DS. Well my note 4 cannot be rooted and all so my launcher app won't work unless I manually launch tethering. Cool, but I have no service, thus thether won't launch so my phone can boot my gateway. I don't want to set up wireless and connect to a website for this. What can I do? Does MSET work properly on an O3DS? I only saw Mset for N3DS on google so I figured I'd ask.

My note 4 runs 5.0.1 and it's an ATT so I cannot root it properly.

2. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    Its been a thing on o3ds a lot longer. just install a 4.x mset app on 9.2 sysnand and use a 4.x dg rop like cakes has.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Is there some instructions for this? Because everything I find is for N3DS.

4. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    im actually working on something to root all galaxys on lollipop... would you be interested?

Margen67 likes this.
  5. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I highly doubt it will work on a note. The bounty for a note root is off the charts.

Anyways, I need to get Mset 4.X working on my O3DS and this problem would just vanish.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. Rioluwott

Rioluwott GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    Do you have the internet browser right?

EDIT:You can only boot Rxtools and CakesCFW(i think) but you can´t boot gateway

Last edited by Rioluwott, Sep 7, 2015
  7. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    yeah you can just downgrade the mset to a 4.x or 6.x version (I like to use 6.x as a standard, since it works on both 3DS and 2DS).

Margen67 likes this.
  8. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Of course. The problem is my phone won't enable tethering for my go gateway app to send the exploit. I am out of service so it refuses.

Ok so is their a guide? I only seen ones for N3DS and ones that are part of cfw which I don't need.

9. Rioluwott

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    You can´t boot Gateway like i said earlier

10. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    So is there anyway to boot my gateway without a freaking wifi connection of sorts? Because I can't use my phone app and I tried to use the old go-gateway boot site and it didn't work and I left my 3DS asleep on sysnand and it has the update nag so I gotta restore my clean NAND backup.

11. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    I think you can downgrade MSET on a 9.2 sysnand to a 4.x mset, then install gateways mset installer with a NDS flashcart

Downgrade MSET with rxTools 3.0beta_x get the right mset downfrade file (msetdg.bin for 4.x) on that iso site

Margen67 likes this.
  12. Rioluwott

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    I thought that was imposible because Rxtools need a specific option for downgraded mset and the gateway mset installer doesn´t has it

13. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    it's a guess, i just know it's easy in rxTools to downgrade mset, then install cakesrop into it to boot into cakescfw with the ds profile. To boot rxTools i use Ninjhax v1.1 (could use that to for Cakes, but i like to have all options available on my O3DS XL) Didn't try gateway profile, just assumed you could install any profile exploit once it was downgraded

14. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I don't have CN to boot anything of the sort. I have to somehow get my gateway rolling with the method I was using. And then maybe downgrade the MSET I guess.

15. Rioluwott

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    if you are going to downgrade mset via rxtools boot it via internet browser if you can´t use it i don´t know what you can do internet browser is the only way

16. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Just download the CIA of a 6.x mset and install it with DevMenu. But that kind of boot works only with rxTools. Gateway above 4.x on the O3DS must use the browser.

Margen67 likes this.
  17. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Ight so I just gotta get my gateway running and I can easily just install an Mset of 6.X. Probably will just do that. I'll have to find another phone to put the app on.

18. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    You can downgrade whole firmware with Gateway menu (but you can't use anymore your original cartrige) or wait for a MSET downgrade that works wit GW. I tried too to find a solution for this, but I couldn't do anything...

19. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    I only use rxTools now. I'm keeping my Gateway cart just in case Nintendo comes up with something new and rxTools stops working.

Margen67 likes this.
  20. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I don't understand. Why couldn't I just downgrade to a 4.X Mset and use the old DS profile method to boot? That was what my idea was to do since N3DS is doing it, why can't O3DS?