Hacking Mset on O3DS 9.2?

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of it and I noticed it WAS for N3DS and not O3DS. Well my note 4 cannot be rooted and all so my launcher app won't work unless I manually launch tethering. Cool, but I have no service, thus thether won't launch so my phone can boot my gateway. I don't want to set up wireless and connect to a website for this. What can I do? Does MSET work properly on an O3DS? I only saw Mset for N3DS on google so I figured I'd ask.

My note 4 runs 5.0.1 and it's an ATT so I cannot root it properly.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I've been out of it and I noticed it WAS for N3DS and not O3DS. Well my note 4 cannot be rooted and all so my launcher app won't work unless I manually launch tethering. Cool, but I have no service, thus thether won't launch so my phone can boot my gateway. I don't want to set up wireless and connect to a website for this. What can I do? Does MSET work properly on an O3DS? I only saw Mset for N3DS on google so I figured I'd ask.

My note 4 runs 5.0.1 and it's an ATT so I cannot root it properly.
im actually working on something to root all galaxys on lollipop... would you be interested?

Reactions: Margen67

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im actually working on something to root all galaxys on lollipop... would you be interested?
I highly doubt it will work on a note. The bounty for a note root is off the charts.

Anyways, I need to get Mset 4.X working on my O3DS and this problem would just vanish.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you have the internet browser right?

EDIT:You can only boot Rxtools and CakesCFW(i think) but you can´t boot gateway

Last edited by Rioluwott,

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the internet browser right?

EDIT:You can only boot Rxtools and CakesCFW(i think) but you can´t boot gateway
Of course. The problem is my phone won't enable tethering for my go gateway app to send the exploit. I am out of service so it refuses.

yeah you can just downgrade the mset to a 4.x or 6.x version (I like to use 6.x as a standard, since it works on both 3DS and 2DS).
Ok so is their a guide? I only seen ones for N3DS and ones that are part of cfw which I don't need.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Of course. The problem is my phone won't enable tethering for my go gateway app to send the exploit. I am out of service so it refuses.

Ok so is their a guide? I only seen ones for N3DS and ones that are part of cfw which I don't need.
You can´t boot Gateway like i said earlier

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there anyway to boot my gateway without a freaking wifi connection of sorts? Because I can't use my phone app and I tried to use the old go-gateway boot site and it didn't work and I left my 3DS asleep on sysnand and it has the update nag so I gotta restore my clean NAND backup.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think you can downgrade MSET on a 9.2 sysnand to a 4.x mset, then install gateways mset installer with a NDS flashcart
I thought that was imposible because Rxtools need a specific option for downgraded mset and the gateway mset installer doesn´t has it

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
it's a guess, i just know it's easy in rxTools to downgrade mset, then install cakesrop into it to boot into cakescfw with the ds profile. To boot rxTools i use Ninjhax v1.1 (could use that to for Cakes, but i like to have all options available on my O3DS XL) Didn't try gateway profile, just assumed you could install any profile exploit once it was downgraded

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have CN to boot anything of the sort. I have to somehow get my gateway rolling with the method I was using. And then maybe downgrade the MSET I guess.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't have CN to boot anything of the sort. I have to somehow get my gateway rolling with the method I was using. And then maybe downgrade the MSET I guess.
if you are going to downgrade mset via rxtools boot it via internet browser if you can´t use it i don´t know what you can do internet browser is the only way

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just download the CIA of a 6.x mset and install it with DevMenu. But that kind of boot works only with rxTools. Gateway above 4.x on the O3DS must use the browser.

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just download the CIA of a 6.x mset and install it with DevMenu. But that kind of boot works only with rxTools. Gateway above 4.x on the O3DS must use the browser.
Ight so I just gotta get my gateway running and I can easily just install an Mset of 6.X. Probably will just do that. I'll have to find another phone to put the app on.

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
So is there anyway to boot my gateway without a freaking wifi connection of sorts? Because I can't use my phone app and I tried to use the old go-gateway boot site and it didn't work and I left my 3DS asleep on sysnand and it has the update nag so I gotta restore my clean NAND backup.

You can downgrade whole firmware with Gateway menu (but you can't use anymore your original cartrige) or wait for a MSET downgrade that works wit GW. I tried too to find a solution for this, but I couldn't do anything...

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can downgrade whole firmware with Gateway menu (but you can't use anymore your original cartrige) or wait for a MSET downgrade that works wit GW. I tried too to find a solution for this, but I couldn't do anything...
I only use rxTools now. I'm keeping my Gateway cart just in case Nintendo comes up with something new and rxTools stops working.

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand. Why couldn't I just downgrade to a 4.X Mset and use the old DS profile method to boot? That was what my idea was to do since N3DS is doing it, why can't O3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.