Hacking Mset on O3DS 9.2?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't understand. Why couldn't I just downgrade to a 4.X Mset and use the old DS profile method to boot? That was what my idea was to do since N3DS is doing it, why can't O3DS?
It requires a different rop chain to be installed on the DS Profile. You can't simply use the old one for 4.x firmware.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
im actually working on something to root all galaxys on lollipop... would you be interested?
I know this is offtopic, but...
Even the locked Verizon bootloader? :creep:
:creep:
:creep:?
No? :(

Damn you Verizon!!!!!

On a side note,

So does this mean we can install the profile exploit on a 9.2 sysNAND after downgrading the mset?

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm stuck booting my gateway via a website or loader to exploit the browser. So I'm back to square one needing an app for my note 4 that can use the tethering without root or data. Because I've been turning on the app and then tethering my data to the 3ds to make it work. Phone won't do that since my service is off right now.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Damn you Verizon!!!!!

On a side note,

So does this mean we can install the profile exploit on a 9.2 sysNAND after downgrading the mset?
1. Completely off topic
2. He said root, not unlock
3. Never going to happen anyway, give it up.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
1. Completely off topic
2. He said root, not unlock
3. Never going to happen anyway, give it up.
I was talking about root. Not unlock- no shits were given about unlocking for a different carrier.
Verizon's bootloader is unique and locked- preventing downgrades and root from working - has nothing to do with unlocking.

But OnTopic:
Ok so I'm stuck booting my gateway via a website or loader to exploit the browser. So I'm back to square one needing an app for my note 4 that can use the tethering without root or data. Because I've been turning on the app and then tethering my data to the 3ds to make it work. Phone won't do that since my service is off right now.

Why don't you just downgrade the MSET like you suggested to use profile exploit on 9.2??

YourHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about root. Not unlock- no shits were given about unlocking for a different carrier.
Verizon's bootloader is unique and locked- preventing downgrades and root from working - has nothing to do with unlocking.

But OnTopic:

Why don't you just downgrade the MSET like you suggested to use profile exploit on 9.2??
Because people are saying it doesn't work for Gateway.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis

Damn you Verizon!!!!!

On a side note,

Yes. I can try.

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I don't understand. Why couldn't I just downgrade to a 4.X Mset and use the old DS profile method to boot? That was what my idea was to do since N3DS is doing it, why can't O3DS?

I don't know why, but both the MSET downgrade of Gateway Team for New 3DS and 4.x rxTools MSET downgrade don't work on old 3DS.
I tried to downgrade my System Setting on my 3DS downloading the 4.x files with 3DNUS and trying to install it with FBI but it did not work.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But OnTopic:

You said it yourself, the Verizon bootloader is LOCKED, and can't be UNLOCKED.

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
downgraded MSET for Gateway does NOT work with o3ds, its only for n3ds.
BUT, you can use homemenuhax with the 3.6.1/3.6.2 package of gateway to autoboot, there is a gw.3dsx on the file.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i booted hbm with cubic ninja on 4.5E and booted GW.3dsx it crashed my system (i booted it on emunand 10.3E [is that the problem])?

D

Deleted-236924

i booted hbm with cubic ninja on 4.5E and booted GW.3dsx it crashed my system (i booted it on emunand 10.3E [is that the problem])?
Not surprised... you must run it from sysnand else it'll blackscreen.

What are you saying anyway? did it crash from homebrew menu with cubic ninja on 4.5 or did it crash from running it on hbl on 10.3 emunand?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how i can only use cn to get to hbm (i updated to 9.2 and its the only method that works)
even on 9.2 browserhax dont work
and i only have cn on gateway redcard and cia

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...