Homebrew MPlayer-CE

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a story to tell about how I've grown to really appreciate MPlayer-CE... let me tell you about it!

Typically I was using GeeXBox to watch avi files on a USB stick. Long story short, GeeXBox wouldn't play something, so I downloaded MPlayer-CE, and it played the file perfectly. I've just now started looking at ways you can customize this program, and it's ridiculous! I've set up 3 SMB Shares, stream all my videos off of my PC (see you in hell, tedious process of switching files from my USB drive!), have a shoutcast station saved in it, my own custom font with background and music!

So a big thank you to Scip, Rodries, etc for all their hard work in making such a kick-ass application. MPlayer-CE is a must-have for anyone who likes to stream their media to their televisions using a console!

grog.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you get streaming set up?

Do you set up a samba share on your PC to connect to or is it something else? If that's so, how do you navigate to the proper file using MPlayer? I'd love to be able to access my PCs music collection through the Wii, and it would also be great to play videos streamed through the Wii. Got a link to a tutorial or something for me?

I'm running Ubuntu, although I never could get samba working quite right for me...

Edit: Found tutorial here: http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/Configs
Pretty straight forward. I also managed to get my folders properly shared right away this attempt... wonder what the issue was before...

Now my only question is how do I have MPlayer play more than one media file at a time if I don't have playlists on my PC that point to multiple files? Like, how can I get it to play an entire album from my PC without having to select each file after the previous one played? Or is that not possible right now?

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your support, glad to be of service!
QUOTE said:
Now my only question is how do I have MPlayer play more than one media file at a time if I don't have playlists on my PC that point to multiple files? Like, how can I get it to play an entire album from my PC without having to select each file after the previous one played? Or is that not possible right now?
This isn't supported right now, it's on our TODO list....
Glad you got SMB working without a hitch also!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The issue wasn't even getting SMB working on MPlayer, it was setting up the samba shares on my PC... that program just eludes me in it's overly complex way of doing such a seemingly simple task...

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, so maybe I spoke too soon. I know my SMB shares are set up on my PC properly, but they show up only sometimes in MPlayer. Most of the time it just immediately tells me "error on reconnecting to smb1" or something along those lines. But then the other smb share will work. I change nothing on the PC side and the next time I reload the program they work. Any idea on building in more consistency on that?

Radio playlists always load perfectly, so it's not a network connection issue for the Wii, and the PC is hardwired to the router.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Your eyes need to rest.