Mplayer CE

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Phratt, Apr 19, 2009.

Apr 19, 2009

Mplayer CE by Phratt at 4:09 AM (1,128 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Phratt
    OP

Member Phratt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've had this happen three times to three different movies. The only movie that worked for me was Wanted, which was a .avi.

Death race, was a .avi and it stopped halfway through the movie also. Charlie bartlette, a .flv stopped halfway aswell.

Does anyone know why this happens? Or how to stop it?

Its happened on Geexbox, Mplayer, Mplayer Wii, and Mplayer CE.

It also happens to be a common problem with Mplayer in general, but most people fix it by taking out the dvd and putting it back in. A solution irrelevent to Mplayer applications on the Wii.

2. noir

Newcomer noir Advanced Member

United States
    I've had it happen a few times in the last week using a USB drive. I figured that the file was getting corrupted at some point when it copied over, but if you're having the same problem with a DVD it makes me wonder.

3. the Badger

Newcomer the Badger Member

United States
    Mplayer ce needs a major upgrade. Lots of people are having many different problems with it. I cant get it to work with my hard drive at all.

4. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    uhmm, it's a lot people are dim though, and don't understand the instructions on how to either configure smb, or use there USB. instructions and a readme are there for a reason, even when there is a thread about mplayerce in the apps section, no-one bothers to go read it, with your'e usb device, is it recognised by any other apps like emulators? if so, plug usb before booting mplayer.

5. the Badger

Newcomer the Badger Member

United States
    GeeXboX works okay with my hard drive. I've gone through the thread in the apps section. Still no luck. I just like the layout and controls of Mplayer ce better.

6. noir

United States
    USB works with other apps. USB works with MPlayer a lot of the time. It plays TV shows just fine. But about half way through a movie it will just go back to the MPlayer menu. It happened with Terminator the other day. When I skipped ahead to right where the movie stopped the first time, it did it again at the exact same spot. Checked the MD5 and it was the same as the file on the computer so the file hadn't been corrupted. Skipping just past the part seemed to work fine.

7. jservs7

Member jservs7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    I have had movies stop on me all the time using any source, but I know the MPlayer CE team is great at upgrading this player. [​IMG] It might be something that has to get upgraded with codec's, people using different versions of the USB app or anything else under the sun. [​IMG]

8. thc42O

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada
    Solution = geexbox works awesome always detects my usb devices and reads avi perfectly

9. noir

United States
    That's like if somebody was having a problem with Windows and you tell them to get a Mac. You're not being fucking helpful.
    I have geexbox. I've used geexbox. I prefer MPlayer CE.

10. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Completely Offtopic:

MPlayer CE only works with the FAT/FAT32 filesystem, not NTFS

Geexbox uses FAT/FAT32/NTFS.

So if your wondering why your harddrive only works with geexbox its because its not partitioned to FAT/FAT32.

11. cooldudechand

Member cooldudechand GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Mplayer corrupted my hrd drive....
    mplayerwii and geebox are good but not this one