Hacking Mplayer CE

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this happen three times to three different movies. The only movie that worked for me was Wanted, which was a .avi.

Death race, was a .avi and it stopped halfway through the movie also. Charlie bartlette, a .flv stopped halfway aswell.

Does anyone know why this happens? Or how to stop it?

Its happened on Geexbox, Mplayer, Mplayer Wii, and Mplayer CE.

It also happens to be a common problem with Mplayer in general, but most people fix it by taking out the dvd and putting it back in. A solution irrelevent to Mplayer applications on the Wii.

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had it happen a few times in the last week using a USB drive. I figured that the file was getting corrupted at some point when it copied over, but if you're having the same problem with a DVD it makes me wonder.

the Badger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mplayer ce needs a major upgrade. Lots of people are having many different problems with it. I cant get it to work with my hard drive at all.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Mplayer ce needs a major upgrade. Lots of people are having many different problems with it. I cant get it to work with my hard drive at all.
uhmm, it's a lot people are dim though, and don't understand the instructions on how to either configure smb, or use there USB. instructions and a readme are there for a reason, even when there is a thread about mplayerce in the apps section, no-one bothers to go read it, with your'e usb device, is it recognised by any other apps like emulators? if so, plug usb before booting mplayer.

the Badger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeeXboX works okay with my hard drive. I've gone through the thread in the apps section. Still no luck. I just like the layout and controls of Mplayer ce better.

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
uhmm, it's a lot people are dim though, and don't understand the instructions on how to either configure smb, or use there USB. instructions and a readme are there for a reason, even when there is a thread about mplayerce in the apps section, no-one bothers to go read it, with your'e usb device, is it recognised by any other apps like emulators? if so, plug usb before booting mplayer.

USB works with other apps. USB works with MPlayer a lot of the time. It plays TV shows just fine. But about half way through a movie it will just go back to the MPlayer menu. It happened with Terminator the other day. When I skipped ahead to right where the movie stopped the first time, it did it again at the exact same spot. Checked the MD5 and it was the same as the file on the computer so the file hadn't been corrupted. Skipping just past the part seemed to work fine.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had movies stop on me all the time using any source, but I know the MPlayer CE team is great at upgrading this player.
smile.gif
It might be something that has to get upgraded with codec's, people using different versions of the USB app or anything else under the sun.
tongue.gif

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
Solution = geexbox works awesome always detects my usb devices and reads avi perfectly

That's like if somebody was having a problem with Windows and you tell them to get a Mac. You're not being fucking helpful.
I have geexbox. I've used geexbox. I prefer MPlayer CE.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Completely Offtopic:

MPlayer CE only works with the FAT/FAT32 filesystem, not NTFS

Geexbox uses FAT/FAT32/NTFS.

So if your wondering why your harddrive only works with geexbox its because its not partitioned to FAT/FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox