Homebrew Mplayer-CE

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ossot said:
How often are you editting your files? I set up my .conf's once. once. Can you just not quite decide what you want your button configuration to be?

I haven't touched the button configuration once after installing, I'm only fiddling around with subtitles.

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys can you help me out, when I was browsing the older version of mplayer few weeks back on tehskeen.com and noticed it came with its own ciosusb do I need to install this or is it the same as the one of waninkoko's cios rev 14?

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cooldudechand said:
7.5 IS OUT

You don't say!
tongue.gif

AgentX said:
0.75 out!
QUOTE* FTP support added (thanks to hax)
* NTFS support added for USB and SD (thanks to Shareese)
* SMB speed improved
* Hopefully finally eradicated the freezing bug
* Fixed noise bug when loading another stream

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
UranusKiller said:
well that cIOS is utterly useless to MPlayerCE go back and install MPlayerCE's one via http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/USB20
Is your'e drectory got over 1000 audio files or something? if so it will probably take about 4 seconds to mount/load that share listing.
Does the cIOS for MPlayerCE overwrite the one of Waninkoko and if yes, how is the compatibility with USBLoader and the speed for USBLoader?

Oh My HDD is full of Media. I guess that`s why it browses so slow!

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Like I said on the previous page, Waninkoko installs to 249 and MplayerCE installs to 202. It's not the same, and they have nothing to do with each other.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
aabbccdd said:
Like I said on the previous page, Waninkoko installs to 249 and MplayerCE installs to 202. It's not the same, and they have nothing to do with each other.
i don't think some of these users acknowledge that :/ completely different cIOS's.
Have waninkoko's cIOS 249 installed? pointless for MPlayerCE
Have Hermes cIOS 222, 223 installed? pointless for MPlayerCE
Have MPlayerCE's cIOS202 installed which is on google code downloads of the MPlayerCE project = USB2 support, better compat and better wifi stability.

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having a number of issues with v0.75

Random freezes in the menus - sometimes right at the first menu, sometimes deeper in. Fairly often when selecting FAT32 after selecting USB and also often on the SMB screen.

I haven't been able to get SMB to work at all. It either says the network isn't initialized then freezes or gives other errors.

I'm using the latest cIOS202 and it was all working fine on v0.72 (though SMB was pretty much unusable due to the freezing.) US Wii, issues happen with both a WD Passport 80G and a Seagate Freeagent 500G with both worked fine with .72 Haven't added or changed anything on the drives.

I originally upgraded through HBB - figured that may have been the problem so I removed it from my card and installed it manually. Same problems. So I removed it and installed it clean from HBB. Same problems. Tried a different card both manual and HBB install - Same problems.

When it works it works well...but more often than not it's freezing on me before I can even open a drive and SMB seems totally broken. I also still had a freeze last night playing off the WD Passport about 1:40 into a 2 hour show - which I had previously watched all the way through with no freezes on 0.72

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mplayer CE is the one of the top apps for homebrew no doubt.

It has great compatibility with many formats and stable for the most part.

My USB HDD works perfect with it, like seriously no loads at all with the usb2.0 installation thing.

But would it be possible to apply the libwiigui interface to this fantastic app?

I know little about coding, but I'm interested in learning how to.

If anybody knows where to learn, let me know!

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is all i need to use smb and programs like ftpii is a wireless router. I have one at home but no internet connection. can i still connect between without having the net ?

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still not having any luck with 0.75. I noticed the images/xml not loading in HBC for some of my installed apps and HBB was suddenly acting very sluggish as well so I figured both SD cards I tried must be getting flaky. So I picked up a new PNY 2GB SD (not SDHC) today and gave it another try on a fresh card.

No more goofiness from HBC and HBB with the new card. But mplayer_ce 0.75 is still misbehaving big time. I downloaded the rar straight from googlecode and installed it manually. But about 2/3rd of the times I start it I don't get past the first menu. It just freezes and stops responding - wii remote stays synced but I can't change the selection. The other 1/3rd of the time I can navigate the menus, but when I get to SMB I just get the "network not initialized please wait" and then "error reconnecting" or just the "error reconnecting" when I try SMB. Trying fat32 off either of my drives I'm only getting about 50% success. The rest of the time it just freezes when I select fat32 - every now and then (about every 5th or 6th try) I can get in and watch stuff but that's it.

No core dumps or debug messages, just freezing with the remote still able to connect.

May have to go back to 0.72. Not trying to complain, just trying to provide feedback to help fix the issues I'm experiencing (I've been on the developers end of hard to reproduce bugs before and know how frustrating it can be!) Thinking about grabbing devkitpro finally tomorrow and getting the SVN to see if I can figure anything out....but my C is so rusty I doubt I'd make much progress.

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just did an experiment and think I found the source of the trouble I'm having.

I deleted mplayer_ce off my SD card then reinstalled it using HBB. On a completely clean fresh install like that it worked fine for browsing my USB drive. Watched about an hours worth of video with no problems.

Then I edited smb.conf - all the problems came back.

smb.conf was the only file I edited and I used notepad to do it the way I have with the past several versions of mplayer_ce. But as soon as I edited it I started having problems with the menus locking up again before I even got to the SMB menu - and once I did get it to the SMB menu it locked up as soon as I selected a share to mount. The problem with it locking up when I select "FAT32" on the file system menu came back as well.

Has something changed with the way the conf files are handled? I tried editing it with UltraEdit as well and got the same results - random freezes in the menus.

Stock install seems to work just fine. But I can't use SMB without editing smb.conf and as soon as I do that I start getting random freezes in the menus.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
robiul said:
so which do I install first waninkok's rev 14 or the latest mplayercios_usb2?
for crying out loud
frown.gif
read the past 40 pages worth, it's been told atleast 30 times. Read the README.

juggle: uhmm having a smb.conf with shares which aren't setup correctly won't crash the player, what sys menu you on? do you have cioscorp rubbish? do you have DVDx installed?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tHciNc said:
Is all i need to use smb and programs like ftpii is a wireless router. I have one at home but no internet connection. can i still connect between without having the net ?
Yes, as long as the wireless is turned on on your router, the Wii should be able to connect to the computer in your house that has a shared folder setup.

You'll need to put the local IP of your computer in the smb file in your MPlayer folder. Also the name of the share folder on your computer.

To find your computers IP, go to Start>Run and type "cmd". Then in the window that pops up, type "ipconfig". Copy what it says on the IP Adress line, into your SMB config file. MPlayer should then be able to connect to it.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robiul said:
so which do I install first waninkok's rev 14 or the latest mplayercios_usb2?

whatever you do, make sure you do hermes' second. Otherwise you'll destroy the fragile balance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.