Homebrew Mplayer-CE

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
0.75 keeps freezing for me when scrolling through menus. Tried a forwarder, through the HBC, tried deleting my restore points file, but it just keeps freezing either from the very beginning or while I'm scrolling. I also am unable to even view the files on my USB drive. Other USB apps are working fine.

Any suggestions?
unsure.gif
Strange.
do you have a lot of files in directories when browsing?
maybe you have a file with an odd character or mplayer can't manage a lot of files, this is the first report about this issue
Are you using usb-ethernet adapter? (from nintendo?)
Remember only usb2 port0 (down) is enabled, port1(up) is reserverd for usb-ethernet

Remember to install last cios202: http://mplayer-ce.googlecode.com/files/cIOS_Installer.rar
To know if you usb device is compatible execute this dol: http://mplayer-ce.googlecode.com/files/USB%20Test.rar
this dol will generate a log in sd, I need that log.
Please send to me the log via email (rodries _at__ gmail ) or contact me in irc: irc://irc.efnet.net/mplayer_ce
if the usb2 test programm say that your device is 100% compatible then it must work in mplayer_ce if not I can fix the usb2 driver to get your device working.

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
Master Mo said:
Finally NTFS-support. But the Navigation is still a little slow. So I`ll stick to GeeXbox till they update this...
how do you mean slow? it's not slow for me :/ are we talking about directory listing through devices or whatever? mines extremely fast.
mines is fast too

have you installed cios202?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
jservs7 said:
Well I tried uninstalling my cIOS and reinstalling on different IOSs, but still no go. The last thing I have installed before this was BootMii 0.3. Could this be causing anything?
uhmm what the hell, that's not MPlayer bug, that's your'e end problem, check to make sure your'e SD isn't write protected, that can cause a problem with restore poinmts, erm other than that it should work I'm sure you have all IOS. Uninstall DVDx if you have it, and reinstall it with hackmii installer.
SD card is not write-protected, uninstalled DVDx and used the HackMii installer, but still no go. The furthest it goes to is the FAT32 or NTSC screen and from there it just freezes. I have my FAT32 on the first partition and my USB Loader GX partion as the 2nd.

Went back to 0.72 and everything works just fine.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rodries said:
jservs7 said:
0.75 keeps freezing for me when scrolling through menus. Tried a forwarder, through the HBC, tried deleting my restore points file, but it just keeps freezing either from the very beginning or while I'm scrolling. I also am unable to even view the files on my USB drive. Other USB apps are working fine.

Any suggestions?
unsure.gif
Strange.
maybe you have a file with an odd character or mplayer can't manage a lot of files, this is the first report about this issue

Remember only usb2 port0 (down) is enabled, port1(up) is reserverd for usb-ethernet

Remember to install last cios202: http://mplayer-ce.googlecode.com/files/cIOS_Installer.rar
To know if you usb device is compatible execute this dol: http://mplayer-ce.googlecode.com/files/USB%20Test.rar
Please send to me the log via email (rodries _at__ gmail ) or contact me in irc: irc://irc.efnet.net/mplayer_ce
if the usb2 test programm say that your device is 100% compatible then it must work in mplayer_ce if not I can fix the usb2 driver to get your device working.
I haven't added anything new to my FAT32 partition. The drive has worked from the very beginning and this is the first time that I have had any problems. Besides movie files, sub & srt files, I have one icon file and an autorun.inf that loads the icon for my WD drive, but again it has worked with all previous versions of MPlayer just fine.

I have no USB Ethernet and I am using port 0. I installed the cIOS202 from that link and I will run the log and post the results on IRC for you. Thanks for looking into it.
smile.gif

tube83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aabbccdd said:
Make the GUI already :|

IMO functionality should have priority. ntfs and ftp support add great value (for some) and the fixing of the freeze bug is (was?) the most important thing.
as much as i would like a sleek look... it doesn't REALLY matter to me as long as it's stable.

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's fucking annoying to take out my SD card and insert it into my PC every time I want to fiddle around with the config files, so that's why I'm really waiting for the GUI before moving over from my PS2.

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
rodries said:
jservs7 said:

Any suggestions?
unsure.gif
Strange.

I haven't added anything new to my FAT32 partition. The drive has worked from the very beginning and this is the first time that I have had any problems. Besides movie files, sub & srt files, I have one icon file and an autorun.inf that loads the icon for my WD drive, but again it has worked with all previous versions of MPlayer just fine.

I have no USB Ethernet and I am using port 0. I installed the cIOS202 from that link and I will run the log and post the results on IRC for you. Thanks for looking into it.
smile.gif
please check the file 'file_ext' in apps/mplayer_ce folder maybe is empty
are you using HBB?
because HBB maybe has corrupted the file

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aabbccdd said:
It's fucking annoying to take out my SD card and insert it into my PC every time I want to fiddle around with the config files, so that's why I'm really waiting for the GUI before moving over from my PS2.
have you ever heard about ftpii or wiiexplorer? i haven't taken out my sd card since the release of ftpii.

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Screemer said:
aabbccdd said:
have you ever heard about ftpii or wiiexplorer? i haven't taken out my sd card since the release of ftpii.
Also you can wait for the next hbc
with the next hbc you can send a zip file and hbc will decompress it on sd

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Screemer said:
aabbccdd said:
also isn't there a edit program on the wii, 'topedit' or something? it may corrupt the structure of the configs, but i doubt.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the freeze bug is actually fixed this time the GUI would be the logical next step, according to my end-user logic anyway.

I was on .72 and had the freeze bug annoy me to no end like 2 days ago. Ended up fiddling with geexbox only to find out it doesnt support wifi. Went back to mplayer-ce and finally did the cios 202 installer. (I only use SMB). Afterwards the menus took forever to load and the network took a solid 30+ seconds to initialize.

With the .75 upgrade i swear the program loads up faster and the network only takes seconds to initialize. If the freezing bug is actually fixed I'll be happy enough to blow somebody.

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Again, even with ftpii I'd had to use my computer to edit the config file. Although it would be less annoying, it would still be annoying. WiiXplorer only has a txt viewer, so that's a no go, hopefully they'll integrate a text editor into it someday.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How often are you editting your files? I set up my .conf's once. once. Can you just not quite decide what you want your button configuration to be?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ossot said:
If the freeze bug is actually fixed this time the GUI would be the logical next step, according to my end-user logic anyway.

I was on .72 and had the freeze bug annoy me to no end like 2 days ago. Ended up fiddling with geexbox only to find out it doesnt support wifi. Went back to mplayer-ce and finally did the cios 202 installer. (I only use SMB). Afterwards the menus took forever to load and the network took a solid 30+ seconds to initialize.

With the .75 upgrade i swear the program loads up faster and the network only takes seconds to initialize. If the freezing bug is actually fixed I'll be happy enough to blow somebody.
the logical step for me would be support for poorly encoded media files and files with encoding errors. the dev team said right now there is no support for such files. i don't have any issues beside the freezing.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
rodries said:
UranusKiller said:
Master Mo said:
Finally NTFS-support. But the Navigation is still a little slow. So I`ll stick to GeeXbox till they update this...
how do you mean slow? it's not slow for me :/ are we talking about directory listing through devices or whatever? mines extremely fast.
mines is fast too

What I mean is the browsing through the program. It sometime takes a little bit, till I can move when I enter a folder. I`ve installed the latest cIOS by Waninkoko (rev14)...

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Master Mo said:
rodries said:
UranusKiller said:
Master Mo said:
mines is fast too

What I mean is the browsing through the program. It sometime takes a little bit, till I can move when I enter a folder. I`ve installed the latest cIOS by Waninkoko (rev14)...
well that cIOS is utterly useless to MPlayerCE go back and install MPlayerCE's one via http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/USB20
Is your'e drectory got over 1000 audio files or something? if so it will probably take about 4 seconds to mount/load that share listing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated