Homebrew Mplayer-CE

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.61 does not load my USB drive. When I try to search USB, it shows none of my titles. Then, when I choose a direction on my Wii remote, it just gives a code dump. When I try reloading it by holding restart and getting back into MPlayer CE, I go to load my USB, but then it just freezes.

I tried using the prior version of Hermes IOS202 I had installed and I also tried the IOS on the MPlayer CE Google page. I even tried deleting DVDX and reloading it under IOS202. I'm on 4.0U with a Wiikey. Would I possibly have to delete IOS202 with ATD and try installing the IOS from scratch?

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
0.61 does not load my USB drive. When I try to search USB, it shows none of my titles. Then, when I choose a direction on my Wii remote, it just gives a code dump. When I try reloading it by holding restart and getting back into MPlayer CE, I go to load my USB, but then it just freezes.

I tried using the prior version of Hermes IOS202 I had installed and I also tried the IOS on the MPlayer CE Google page. I even tried deleting DVDX and reloading it under IOS202. I'm on 4.0U with a Wiikey. Would I possibly have to delete IOS202 with ATD and try installing the IOS from scratch?
Yes try that and see if it works.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AgentX said:
jservs7 said:

Yes try that and see if it works.
Well I deleted my CIOS and reinstalled the CIOS202 from the MPlayer site so now I was able to scroll through USB without any code dumps, but I was still unable to see my drive. I found out that my friend actually tried plugging in my drive through an ESATA port and since my drive was originally formatted through USB that must have been the culprit. I formatted the drive through USB again, put it my movies and bam!
smile.gif

I must say the improvements on this player haven't seized to amaze me. Great job everyone.
smile.gif

KaNiMziE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all!

I try rev .61 and work very good with my smb setup, but on the listing of folder I can see French character like é à ç... I look the font in folder and I see all character on it... What I need to setup to see it ??

KaNiMziE

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KaNiMziE said:
Hello all!

I try rev .61 and work very good with my smb setup, but on the listing of folder I can see French character like é à ç... I look the font in folder and I see all character on it... What I need to setup to see it ??

KaNiMziE
Sorry, that isn't supported in libtinysmb at this time.

QUOTE(ganons @ May 26 2009, 11:18 PM) using 0.61 still getting black baorders on the side, using component cables http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5718/26052009046y.jpg

I have commednted out #component_fix=yes from the mplayer.conf
Try changing gxzoom to something like 340 as it advises in mplayer.conf.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Agent X

i was on 3.2 i installed bootmii and then dvdx. Tried playing dvd with mplayer didnt work. Updated to 4.0 via wanikokos method still no work.

So I tried with the new hackmii 0.2 and that didnt work. It says mounting dvd this time round but doesnt play the dvd.
Then i tried installing the 3.2 dvdx but mplayer wouldny laucnh, so im back to square 1 with the no dvdplayback

some help please

IcyVeins

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I already created the ticket on google-code, but maybe there will be more feedback if i post here
smile.gif

Whenever I try to watch a .avi the player freezes at about 3/4 of the duration. Skipping this point does not help =/
The bug appears since mplayer-ce 0.5 and is still present in 0.61; tested on 2 Wiis with 4.0E and the cIOS (from the google-code page) installed with DVDx as IOS202 .
The data is loaded from an USB2.0-device.

I hope you are able to help me, because it is veeery annoying
frown.gif

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get the DVD menus to work, they just freeze. Is this possible to solve or something we'll have to learn to live with? =)
Playing the movie straight away works like a charm, but libdvdnav just won't work.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
ganons said:
Agent X

i was on 3.2 i installed bootmii and then dvdx. Tried playing dvd with mplayer didnt work. Updated to 4.0 via wanikokos method still no work.

So I tried with the new hackmii 0.2 and that didnt work. It says mounting dvd this time round but doesnt play the dvd.
Then i tried installing the 3.2 dvdx but mplayer wouldny laucnh, so im back to square 1 with the no dvdplayback

some help please

I'm on 4.0E via Waninkoko, with the latest DVDX and i get the "mounting DVD" but the DVD won't play. :\

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
DaRk_ViVi said:
ganons said:
Agent X

some help please

I'm on 4.0E via Waninkoko, with the latest DVDX and i get the "mounting DVD" but the DVD won't play. :\

AgentX gave me these instructions:
If you are able you need to install the cIOS on the Google Code page then you need to install the 3.2 DVDx in advanced mode to IOS202. See here: http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/USB20

I was in same situation as you and then it worked, also try different dvds

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
DaRk_ViVi said:
ganons said:
Agent X

some help please

i have this sort of prob but with 3.4e, certain dvds well dvd9s anyway take longer than dvd5s to mount i just wait a min or 2 then it start to analize stream then play perfect until it hits the second layer then it stops playing then i have to power off the wii by hand

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have some questions about Mplayer CE if anyone can help me out.

My wii is currently on 4.0E using the yafaze ultimate virgin 4.0 softmod. I have only installed USB loader GX and cIOS rev13b, just to get USB working. All of that works fine, however, my wife has now asked me if it is possible for me to make the wii play xvid files. I said I would look into it and here I am
smile.gif

So, question, I don't want DVD playback and don't have DVDx installed, I don't even own a single DVD. What I want to know, is can Mplayer CE stream files from shared drives on my PC or do you have to use a USB2 device like a portable hdd or USB stick. Also, with xvid playback, is the program a viable replacement for say an xbox with XMBC or an xbox 360? The main thing it would be used for would be playing TV eps encoded in xvid format, approx 350 megs an ep.

Last question, unsure about installing it. I have read up on it and stuff but I am confused as to the hazards. I only have cios rev13b installed as ios249, nothing else. Can I install mplayer CE without bricking my wii?

Oh, one last thing, I also have a wiikey version 1 in there if that changes anything, back from the days b4 softmods.

If anyone can help, thanks guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle