Mplayer CE and USB keyboard

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by m-p{3}, Mar 21, 2009.

1. m-p{3}
    OP

m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2008
    Canada
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Hello,

I am planning of jailbreaking my Nintendo Wii, and Mplayer CE seems to be a nice media player software. I was wondering if normal USB keyboards were detected and functional under it. I cannot test it right now as I have to borrow Twilight Princess to a friend, but I was wondering if my cheapo USB remote (here) would possibly work with it.

It is detected as a USB keyboard, and works fine under Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.10, it would just be a matter of configuring the input.conf according to each buttons on it (ie: the "Pause" button actually send the Ctrl+P keypress, etc).

Oh and I was also wondering if the Wii WiFi network adapter was working within Mplayer CE.

Thanks a lot!

m-p{3}

2. UranusKiller

UranusKiller TranceMaster

Feb 9, 2009
    Redcar, England, UK.
    it does yes, also I'm unsure about the usb keyboard, I don't think it's implemented as a control.

3. roku93

roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    Finland
    Finland
    May I ask why are you using an USB remote? Isn't wiimote good enough? It's certainly better looking, at least.. Works straight out of the box, guaranteed. [​IMG]

And just a tip: This community does not jailbreak. These people "hack", sofmod, exploit, or just plain install things. Then we make a guide and give it a name featuring the double ii. Oh my.

4. m-p{3}
    OP

m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2008
    Canada
    Montreal QC, Canada
    I just want to do it because I can [​IMG]

I was just curious, and thanks for the quick reply. I'll probably give it a try anyway and post back the results.

I'll go with softmod from now on, but I still consider it a jailbreak because of being no longer locked by Nintendo authorization of what I should do with my Wii.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice