Mplayer CE and USB keyboard

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by m-p{3}, Mar 21, 2009.

Mar 21, 2009

Mplayer CE and USB keyboard by m-p{3} at 8:53 PM (859 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. m-p{3}
    OP

Member m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hello,

I am planning of jailbreaking my Nintendo Wii, and Mplayer CE seems to be a nice media player software. I was wondering if normal USB keyboards were detected and functional under it. I cannot test it right now as I have to borrow Twilight Princess to a friend, but I was wondering if my cheapo USB remote (here) would possibly work with it.

It is detected as a USB keyboard, and works fine under Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.10, it would just be a matter of configuring the input.conf according to each buttons on it (ie: the "Pause" button actually send the Ctrl+P keypress, etc).

Oh and I was also wondering if the Wii WiFi network adapter was working within Mplayer CE.

Thanks a lot!

m-p{3}

2. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    it does yes, also I'm unsure about the usb keyboard, I don't think it's implemented as a control.

3. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    May I ask why are you using an USB remote? Isn't wiimote good enough? It's certainly better looking, at least.. Works straight out of the box, guaranteed. [​IMG]

And just a tip: This community does not jailbreak. These people "hack", sofmod, exploit, or just plain install things. Then we make a guide and give it a name featuring the double ii. Oh my.

4. m-p{3}
    OP

Member m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I just want to do it because I can [​IMG]

I was just curious, and thanks for the quick reply. I'll probably give it a try anyway and post back the results.

I'll go with softmod from now on, but I still consider it a jailbreak because of being no longer locked by Nintendo authorization of what I should do with my Wii.