Mozilla Firefox Not Right

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by MrDillDough, May 23, 2009.

May 23, 2009
  1. MrDillDough
    OP

Member MrDillDough GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    For some reason, my Mozilla Firefox is now opening Google links in new windows/tabs. I found out that this was an option, but I
    don't want it like this. I want it so that when I click on a Google link, it will open the link directly without opening a new tab
    or window.

I've looked around but so far, nothing has worked for me. [​IMG] Also, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program as well as
    trying a newer version; but to no avail.

I never had this problem before and I'm wondering if I can get rid of these settings. Thanks. [​IMG]

2. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    I'm having a more serious problem with Firefox, it's resetting every time I open it. >_>

3. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hmm delete your mozilla firefox config folder?

And that doesnt sound like a default option - it sounds like the customise google extension or similar. so look into its settings

4. revoman

Newcomer revoman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    remember, if you cant fix, reinstall it. I have had to do this many a time with firefox, awesome but not without its bugs

5. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Remove any new addons that you just installed
    still having problems? uninstall and install again [​IMG]

6. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Settings > Privacy > uncheck "always clear my private data when I close FireFox". This seems like what's it's doing.

7. MrDillDough
    OP

Member MrDillDough GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Actually, for some strange reason, it was already on false when I first checked. :S

And for some reason, when I go to Tools -> Options -> Tabs. It says that "New pages should be opened in: a new tab". I thought this would be the reason why it kept opening new tabs but then two things arose:

1) On my friend's computer, he has Mozilla Firefox and the New Tab thing is ticked but he can open a Google link directly without any new windows or tabs.
    2) I don't know how to get rid of the dot that highlights the option. Like, its between two options: New tab/ New window. But I can't get rid of the dot altogether.