ROM Hack Moving Save Files from 1 hacked switch to another

GolfDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 hacked switches, and want to consolidate them into 1 and retire the other due to system stability slowdowns (wifi issues, battery, etc).. both have different standard user accounts on them, but both have the same games on them.. i have multiple save file programs on each system so it doesnt matter which i use or you suggest.. but since the users are not the same on each system, whats my best way of moving the saves from the original to the newer hacked one and having access to those saves on the newer system?

GolfDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my issue is the different user accounts on both systems, how does that work.. does it let me pick which user account to send the save file to since its not the same?

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
my issue is the different user accounts on both systems, how does that work.. does it let me pick which user account to send the save file to since its not the same?
You can just start a game to make a backup, then copy/paste the saved game on that folder and can be restored on any profile

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you select the account when it first boots. I made all accounts share the same folders on purpose so moving saves between accounts wouldn't be a pain in the ass. 99.9% of games don't care or keep track of the user ID and even if they did, it would take little effort to export and swap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk