Moving GBA section off portal and putting PSP?

Tekkin88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this is a good idea. I think since carts like the SCDS2 came out, there could be more activity. I know when I get mine, I'm gonna check that section out.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Tekkin88 said:
I don't think this is a good idea. I think since carts like the SCDS2 came out, there could be more activity. I know when I get mine, I'm gonna check that section out.

But GBA releases will still be at a standstill.

Seriously, I know its called GBAtemp, but it's time to move on.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I don't agree with removing it. Maybe put it as a sub forum under the oldies section? There is still plenty of discussion to be had about GBA games/hardware, and there will be for perhaps another couple years. Lets face it, games that aren't super old are still talked about, and referred to frequently.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Why didn't anyone think about the name when this site and forum was being created?
tongue.gif

On the flipside, the GBA in GBAtemp just adds badassery, because as time goes on, it becomes much more retrotastic.

Times do change, and if we change the GBA to a PSP, it's not that bad of an idea. Besides, there are still other ways to honor the GBA.

Also, I never noticed that section because I usually go straight to the forum
unsure.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
DarkWay said:
I see people complaining about removing the GBA releases from the front page (even though there will be no more new releases) because this is GBAtemp, so how about this instead:-
Leave the GBA releases there but add the other consoles that are currently getting releases (and dumped) to the bar? there's definately enough room there to do so.
Not on a small monitor (like mine
ohmy.gif
)

The moniter on my laptop is 15.4" there's clearly room for 4 more icons at most on my screen
tongue.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10 inch monitor? Really? Wow. I have an old 19 inch CRT monitor just sitting around collecting dust. It's the smallest one in the house.

Anyway, about GBA releases.....I don't know.

I just hope the release listings don't get altered. I use them to create a list of the DS games.....for hooking my relatives kids up with games. If it gets changed, my list will become screwed. It's already up to 33 pages.....I'd hate to have to start that list over again.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lacrymosa967 said:
Why didn't anyone think about the name when this site and forum was being created?
tongue.gif
Ok, let's consider "Temp", it must be closed !

Ok, without joking now.
Maybe the devs (Costello mostly ?) can set a Profile option to select which console the user want to see in the release box.
So, no more complains about keeping or removing it.

And, on the same time, a G-online page to separate Wii/VC/WW, it's a mess when looking for a game or a number
tongue.gif

(thanks in advance if you take time to do it)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We can't make any immediate changes, as lilsypha said, these new systems are not yet part of our g-online database and so cannot be displayed like the other systems are, however we're constantly working on improving the site and its features, so it's not out of the question to see other systems on the portal.

So nothing soon, but watch this space
smile.gif

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
I can't see the point of keeping an active gba list here (but keep it archived), but adding psp makes perfect sense.

I wouldn't just steal another list though - I'd go through a predb and make a new, accurate list that shows which games came out and in which order.

Rayder said:
10 inch monitor? Really? Wow. I have an old 19 inch CRT monitor just sitting around collecting dust. It's the smallest one in the house.
I guess the netbook/ultra-small laptop/tablet phenomenon has completely passed you by then...

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
George Dawes said:
I can't see the point of keeping an active gba list here (but keep it archived), but adding psp makes perfect sense.

I wouldn't just steal another list though - I'd go through a predb and make a new, accurate list that shows which games came out and in which order.
Well, advanscene's list has them in correct order, that's why we chose to copy info from their list.

George Dawes said:
QUOTE(Rayder @ Jun 9 2010, 10:31 AM) 10 inch monitor? Really? Wow. I have an old 19 inch CRT monitor just sitting around collecting dust. It's the smallest one in the house.
I guess the netbook/ultra-small laptop/tablet phenomenon has completely passed you by then...
This.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Overlord Nadrian said:
Well, advanscene's list has them in correct order, that's why we chose to copy info from their list.
Last time I looked at advancescenes psp list (which admittedly was a very long time, 12months+) it had quite a few that were in the wrong order. The output from a pretime search on a few sites confirmed it.

This is why I'd just use a predb, extract all the psp releases from it and use that - you have a 100% correct list of every scene release in the real order they were released. Do a search for scenenukes and you can even include them.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would plan for it now and then act on it when the DS lite is stopped.

You can just make the section hidden and allow people to enable it in thier profile. Then explain it as being a retired section. It would only be visible if people actually looked for it. It would probably move all the spambots to the NDS section though.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
how_do_i_do_that said:
It would only be visible if people actually looked for it. It would probably move all the spambots to the NDS section though.
Well, it's not like there's still lot of spambots, AFAIK only sleeping ones that have yet to wake up can do something, other spambots can't get through the login anymore due to captcha's or something like that.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well, maybe we really should remove the GBA section from the releases, but honestly, I don't see the reason to add PSP/360/PS3/iPhone etc. Isn't this the Nintendo community? There are plenty of others who list Sony/Microsoft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1