Moving from WBFS to FAT

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by lolsjoel, May 9, 2010.

May 9, 2010

Moving from WBFS to FAT by lolsjoel at 5:11 AM (1,314 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. lolsjoel
    OP

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What's the best manner of doing this? I'd like to be able to use my USB HDD on both my Wii and PS3, so I'd like to migrate from WBFS to FAT. What's the best method of doing so considering I don't have any copies of any of the games on my WBFS drive?

Also, I currently use WiiFlow and would like to continue to do so. Will it have any issues with a FAT drive?

2. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    WBFS Manager 3.0 can extract your games nicely to iso on your computer. Format the drive with http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm just click on the GUI image to download
    do a full format not a quick format so the drives file system is rite from the word go

3. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Get wbfs_file.exe from the cfg USB loader thread (Direct link) extract it and open a command prompt and browse to where you extracted it to (use the "cd" command) After that enter this command:
    Code:
    wbfs_file.exe W: extract_wbfs_all X:\wbfs
    Where W: is your WBFS partition and X:\wbfs is the FAT partition on USB (or on local hard-disk)

NOTE: to play the .wbfs files (or .iso files) the games have to be placed in a "wbfs" folder on the root of the drive

4. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    I have a tutorial for this. See here.