Moving from o3ds to new

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cody090909, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Cody090909
    OP

Cody090909 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Here
    So I just downgraded a new 3ds and have a9lh. I want to transfer all my backups and free shop games to the new 3ds, but both 3ds use the same sd card right now. What I think I am stuck with is backing up all the saves individually in jksv, deleting the o3ds's games, downloading and installing all of the games to the new 3ds, and then restoring the save individually.

Is there an easier method?

Also, is system transfer the only way to transfer a nnid? I am going to get rid of the o3ds, but I will have to wait a week before I can transfer it, and I would like to move the games over now.

Thanks, sorry if it is a stupid question!

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    System transfer is the only way to transfer a NNID. CIA games do not transfer (their saves might). Back up any and all CIA saves with JKSM, perform the system transfer, re-install the games, then import your saves.

3. zenamez

zenamez GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2016
    Not quite. You can still contact Nintendo's support and claim your old 3DS is non-functional, and you want to transfer it to a newer 3DS.

They'll "unlock" your NNID from the 'broken' 3DS, allowing you to move it onto the other 3DS without system transferring. That way, you won't format your old 3DS but you'll also have to manually move your data over (use JKSM for saves, re-install CIAs etc. I did this when I moved from an O3DS to a N3DS. Kept my data on my O3DS and moved everything I wanted onto the N3DS manually).

4. Cody090909
    OP

Cody090909 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Here
    Ill do it this way, I have already transferred a couple of my games. Thanks guys!