Android Moto G reflash

Pagio94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I found on an italian selling website a used moto G for 70€ (which is very cheap). The original owner flashed a wrong version of the cyanogenmod on it and now the phone is stuck in a boot loop, so he's reselling it. I don't know if I should buy it, considering the very cheap price and the phone's situation. Is it possible to reflash the original firmware on it and reset the phone to factory settings without any big problem?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the recovery partition is still intact or fastboot still works then you should be able to unbrick it with the proper ROM.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If it's just stuck in a bootloop you should be able to save it by reflashing it through fastboot.

Pagio94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As he said: when the phone boots, after a while, it turns off and then restart booting. He didn't say anything about recovery partition or something similar. But he's not a smart guy, so there's the possibilty that he didn't touch it

Reactions: dario14

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible that the boot loader and or recovery partition could be messed up
just ask him if he can boot to recovery (using whatever button combo that the phone uses) or fastboot

dario14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ditto. My moto g was stuck in a bootloop when I had it rooted and then tried to update to 4.4.2. I was able to reflash the stock firmware and then update and then root again. When it powers off just be ready to enter fastboot mode before it reboots

Pagio94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is possible that the boot loader and or recovery partition could be messed up
just ask him if he can boot to recovery (using whatever button combo that the phone uses) or fastboot
I think he doesn't even know what is recovery mode. As I said he's not a smart guy. I think that he flashed the mod in the wrong way, also he said that he's not capable of fixing it

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The recovery is completely irrelevant when it comes to restoring a Moto G so long as you're able to get to the menu where fastboot mode is enabled.

Pressing and holding down Power + Volume down from a powered down state should get into said menu.

Reactions: cracker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)