Mother (Earthbound zero) cartridge for nes

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by placebooooo, Jan 18, 2014.

1. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Hello everyone, I was looking into getting a nes mother game cartridge. I am aware that the games are fake and that there are only very very few actual prototype games. I am aware of these thiings. However, I wanted to ask if there is some sort of place where i can buy a fake (reproduction cart) mother nes game english to play on my nes for something about 10 bux or cheaper. People on ebay sell them for something around 60-200. which is ridiculous for fake cartridges. I just cant seem to find a cartridge to play on my nes system. (also, if you know a good online website where i can buy nes games for decent prices, please let me know, thank you.)

2. wolffangalchemist

wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    middleofnowhere, AL
  3. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    €I don't really know that we can link you to repro shops, since they're technically selling pirated software; it'd be more or less the same as linking to a ROM site. Regardless, you're certainly not going to find one for $10.

As for real NES games, your best bet is probably Amazon or eBay; some second-hand websellers might stock them (StoneAgeGamer still does, at the very least) but they're in it for a profit, whereas a good portion of eBayers and Amazon sellers are people looking to get rid of what they don't want or need.

4. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    I am definitely interested in this. I however, have no idea where to start or how to go about doing this. This is something I really want to do and I would appreciate any help you could offer on how to do this. :)
    thank you.

5. wolffangalchemist

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    middleofnowhere, AL
    if you want to make one your self http://imageshack.com/a/img833/7452/eb0dirtyguide.jpg i made this a while back, if you go by it you should be fine. if you have any questions that are unanswered by it let me know.

6. PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2011
    Canada
    Nice tutorial.

How did you dump the rom into the memory??

7. wolffangalchemist

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    middleofnowhere, AL
    i have an eprom burner now but GR.com sells preprogrammed eproms so back when i made my first Earthbound Zero cart i used them for the chips and the label.
    EDIT: there are programs like famirom http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=63070 for splitting the rom into two CHR.bin and PRG.bin files then you just burn them like any binary file to a compatible chip.

PROTOBOY likes this.
  8. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Hmm. This does look pretty confusing. It is going to take some time to do which is what I don't have; my classes are sucking life out of me. I do plan on playing the game the next break i have but i would like to have it as soon as i an get it. I neither have any doner carts unfortunately. If you could make one, I would buy it off of you? If you are ok with that?

9. wolffangalchemist

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    middleofnowhere, AL
    if i had more eproms and wasn't in the middle of moving i'd be happy to help, but sadly i'm quite swamped at the moment as well.

10. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    I respect that. If you really want to make one and sell it to me, I can wait as long as I need. I would like it if you keep in touch though :)

11. wolffangalchemist

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    middleofnowhere, AL
    i'll keep that in mind.

placebooooo likes this.
  12. PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2011
    Canada

That amazing, I didn't know about it before.