Mother 3 with AKAIO + EZFlash 3in1 + Nintendo DS Lite combination

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by partymetroid, Jul 29, 2009.

1. partymetroid
    OP

partymetroid Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm trying to play Mother 3 with the combination of an Acekard 2i (AKAIO) and EZFlash 3in1 and a Nintendo DS Lite. At first, I tried simply patching the Japanese ROM with the English translation patch. I couldn't load it from within the AKAIO menu (even after flashing it to NOR), so I loaded it through the slot-2 port from within the main Nintendo DS menu. That worked. The first thing I did in-game was go to a save point (6 minutes into the game), and then I turned off the DS and loaded AKAIO menu (for the purpose of seeing if I could load the game from within AKAIO after saving in-game once). After the "LOADING..." message, a message flashed saying something like "the game save was backed up onto the slot-1 device". After that, I played the game for about an hour straight, saving frequently. After that hour, I turned the system off to load into AKAIO to "back up my save game". After that, I booted back into the game, and all the saves from after the first time I saved the game were lost. (The first one, however, was saved, strangely. I have a few theories about this, but I don't feel like taking the time to share them.) I read somewhere that I was supposed to take certain steps to play the game, and the gist I gathered was "patch the ROM into English, and then 'SRAM' patch the ROM with GBATA"...

... which I did. I then erased the NOR, and reflashed the NOR with the English/SRAM-patched ROM. I still can't boot the game from within the AKAIO menu. I assume that I should be able to save the game from within the AKAIO menu... am I right in this assumption? If I'm told that I won't be able to save into the game from within the game menu and have to save the game while playing it from the Nintendo DS's main menu, I'll try it. But I would really like an answer about why I can't boot into the game from within the AKAIO (yet?).

Thank you for a sincere reply!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice