[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mother3.org, Starmen.net team up to finish Mother 3 translation this year

Destructoid.com said:
Destructoid is no stranger to the myriad Mother 3 translation dramabombs that have dropped since the game's original Japanese (and nowhere else) release of the game, mostly due to my corrupt influence. But now we've got something new to share with you -- very exciting news, but not so much in the 'round-the-water-cooler sort of gossip way that previous breaks had been: the two major groups, Starmen.net and Mother3.org, have joined up to work towards a goal of one solid, single translation. With the key players of both teams in tow, this new collective hopes to have a finished translation sooner than either team would have completed individually.

It also seems that the translation isn't as far along as some of the blokes at Mother3.org would have us believe. Reid (by night known as reidman), while cluing me into some of the latest developments of the Starmen.net Siege project, was also good enough to update me (and his site) with the news. From his post:

The not-so-good news is that the translation isn't nearly as far along as many people seem to believe. sblur has made good progress on the hacking, and many of the 'small things' like item names, descriptions, menus, etc. have been carefully translated by Doctor Fedora. Unfortunately, even with our combined translations, we still haven't made huge amounts of progress on the meat of the translation -- the game dialogue.

But with two teams working towards a completed translation, there's hope of seeing some finished product before the end of the year -- noting, of course, that the announcement of a US localization of Mother 3 in any capacity would put a stop to the project entirely. And why not? That's the ultimate goal, after all -- to bring Shigesato Itoi's incomparable Mother series to other territories.

Say what you like about the game, but you simply can't dismiss the dedication of this community. It's been just over 12 years since we last saw Mother in the States and they're still going strong. Speaking of which, I'll have a lot more to tell you about Siege in the coming days, so keep your eyes peeled.

Source

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
this is great news, hopefully they will stay to their plan and finish this year, ive been waiting to play this game for what feels like forever!

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Competiton is a good thing. Now they can collectively string us along and laugh at our dumb selves for thinking this shit will ever get done.

And they will abandon once/if Nintendo announces an official translation? wtf. Will they even release the patch with current progress if that happens? Way to run the scene guys...

Duke Nukem forever will be out before the M3 Trans.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh.
People have been waiting for this game long enough as it is. It's great that they're teaming up, and what's another 6 months? Fucked if I care, I've waited longer for things.

Hopefully they'll ACTUALLY get it out before 2008, haha.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
it could happen... and monkeys might fly out of my butt

the real suprise is that nintendo never released an english version. any specific reason why?

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Poor tshu, I'm sure the domain and hosting was appreciated
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat