Hacking Most up to date Acekard?

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a new flashcart and only care about playing newer/up and coming games. And I don't want a SCDS2 since it apparently has no features that it should. >_> Regardless, this flashcart is supported enough, right?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It has it's official software from Acekard. They still support it, but the updates are coming very infrequently. Then tend to rely on AKAIO to do their work for them.

You have AKAIO, compatbility is much better than official and a new version is due to released next week. So should be pretty much upto date on the releases. There's no signs they plan on stopping supporting the Acekard, but if they did the official team would have to step in.

Updates for the latest releases aren't going to be coming as fast as what the Supercard team are currently doing though.

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, by 'newer' you're not implying DSi specific games? As that currently hasn't been 'hacked' (or w/e the term is). As for the OFFICIAL Acekard team, I would be abit concerned about, if the AKAIO team were to quit... it took them about a month to reply to one of my 6-word emails... but I'm quite new to them, so maybe they actually will be reliable, if AKAIO team quits?
EDIT: Nevermind, see that you want a new cart... and R4 isn't new.

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TY people
biggrin.gif

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both a SCDSTWO and an AK2i. I've had the AK2i for some time and I like what it can do and how reliable it is, generally.

Yet, the SCDSTWO is able to do things even with the features that it was released with and that the AK2i does not do. The main features being Real Time Saves (which is very fast), in-game guide, GBA emulation without the need for a slot-2 cart (which actually works very well when you use the game_config.txt with the emulator), a bit more frequent updating (mostly to get the EOS more stable and include some of the features that were intended for the first release). I don't care how long it takes and I already can tell that they are working on getting it up to the point of a great flashcart.

The only issues I really have with the SCSDTWO (hardware mainly) is how it annoying it is to get it out of the NDS slot on my DSL and the mSD sometimes gets clamped in the mSD slot of the cart.

I love my AK2i but the last string of AK2i updates has been very infrequent. The reason for that I believe is all the rounds of hacking the last several releases has undergone to make them "work" on clone Acekards. I believe normmatt has the right to do with AKAIO as he pleases anyways.

So I still use both but I prefer my SCDSTWO even if the features are incomplete. The AK2i is a great cart for a little less than half the price of the SCDSTWO.

Bingo83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another vote for the Acekard 2i its been the best of all the cards I have used so far. AKAIO breathes new life into the cart time and again.

I have a Supercard DSTwo coming from Hong Kong, and although it currently lacks features as advertised it can only get better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2