Hacking Most "stable" firmware

lembi2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've managed to acquire a PS4 running 6.72 and have got the self host exploit and Hen running. I do seem to be running into a lot of kernel panics. Is there a "better" firmware to be on stability wise or do I just have to "suck it up, buttercup"?

Very new to the PS4 scene so wanted to know if there is a "golden" firmware I should be on?

lembi2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So basically SOL as I'm on 6.72? That's fair enough.

I'll stay where I am for now. Here's hoping that the "something on the horizon" tweet earlier this week opens up a higher fw to more stability

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
6.72 is decent, not terrible like 7.5x

KP’s are inevitable, it’s all part of the exploit chain unfortunately.
I've been using the latest version of karo (haven't used it since the 1st 7.55 exploit came out) and out of the 9 attempts so far I've had no kps and have been successful 👌

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know fully how it works, but ps4 exploits use race attacks to flood the memory with code just like the early wii u hacks. because the memory is constantly changing, it has to make minute adjustments quickly. that's why it's said pro consoles are the best to use, just because they're faster (don't know if there's truth to this). anyway, when the system gets confused, it shuts off.

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know fully how it works, but ps4 exploits use race attacks to flood the memory with code just like the early wii u hacks. because the memory is constantly changing, it has to make minute adjustments quickly. that's why it's said pro consoles are the best to use, just because they're faster (don't know if there's truth to this). anyway, when the system gets confused, it shuts off.
I'm using a base model ps4 from launch. The only thing that kps me is certain homebrew apps. Orbis tool box is one and the homebrew store 🤣 so i have to avoid using them

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
orbis toolbox is still in alpha, which may be the reason. I know that it kp'd on modded warfare in his video when he enabled everything. I almost never get kp's either, but I'm on 5.05. they do happen though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, don't change the sort priority in the app.db. it seems it will take any number, and it will work, but it makes the browser very unstable. I had it confirmed by @Leeful after I did it. got several kp's trying to return it back to the way it was. sort priority is changing the order of home menu tiles. you can change them in a folder pretty easy as it's a different cell. don't know why this has that effect. took me over 2 hours to get it back to right on 5.05.

lembi2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using a base model ps4 from launch. The only thing that kps me is certain homebrew apps. Orbis tool box is one and the homebrew store 🤣 so i have to avoid using them
Can confirm that these 2 apps are kp culprits for me too. Just uninstalled them both and hopefully see less kps going forward.

HB Store was giving me issues when trying to clos the app, Orbis Toolbox was a fresh app install this morning which KP'd as soon as I tried to launch the tools so binned it off

Reactions: CloudStrife1901

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My PS4 pro on 6.72 was unused for like 6 months (work can be time consuming 🙄😓), and guess what ? First booting using ps-phive (being using since @Leeful released it 😇) no KP and never had.
On 6.72, I definitely recommend this menu. Amazing stability.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PS4 pro on 6.72 was unused for like 6 months (work can be time consuming 🙄😓), and guess what ? First booting using ps-phive (being using since @Leeful released it 😇) no KP and never had.
but would you recommend someone to upgrade from 5.05? PS4 was a serious waste of money for me. Played for about 2 weeks after launch. Didn't touch it again until the 5.05 exploit first came out, and updated to that FW. Haven't really touched it since. YEARS of no playing the PS4.

Any legit game I would want to play right now requires greater than 5, so I'm forever stuck in limbo with that system.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
but would you recommend someone to upgrade from 5.05? PS4 was a serious waste of money for me. Played for about 2 weeks after launch. Didn't touch it again until the 5.05 exploit first came out, and updated to that FW. Haven't really touched it since. YEARS of no playing the PS4.

Any legit game I would want to play right now requires greater than 5, so I'm forever stuck in limbo with that system.
No, if you’re on 5.05 stay on this firmware. Backports of games are the same for 5.05 or 6.72.

Exploit on 5.05 is probably the most stable (my PS4 pro was on 6.70 when I bought it so no choice but upgrade to 6.72)

If you haven’t played that much with your PS4, stay on your current firmware, there’s bunch of really nice games to play and most recent are actually back ported.
😉

Which “legit” games are you wanting to play ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
6.72 is decent, not terrible like 7.5x

KP’s are inevitable, it’s all part of the exploit chain unfortunately.
It’s true, but the fact is that on my PS4 pro, following “obvious” steps when launching from shutdown (nothing connected), @Leeful ps-phive menu cached for me on browser and hen 2.1.3 works flawlessly without a single KP.
Using rest mode when I have time to play.

Reactions: Leeful and KiiWii

lembi2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the exploit I'm using. No KP's since removing HB Store and Orbis.

Happy as a pig in mud for now. Now to start on my combined PS3/PS4 All in One Suitcase build. Should be interesting

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@urherenow : to add, on firmwares and hacks, the number ONE rule is to stay on the lowest firmware as possible, unless you are “forced” to update.
SECOND rule : backup everything you can.

marcussacana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a 6.72 and I got a lot of KP, but after a time I noticed when I try jailbreak using the 'user guide' button in the PS4 configuration menu, I got much less KP than when I try jailbreak in the browser...
Not sure if is just me or with everyone, but you can try your lucky...
I'm using the al azif online host

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: