Hacking Most recent CFW

jonnymars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been out of the psp hacking scene and I was just having a look at the stickies and they all seem outdated. I was wondering if anyone would care and update us on which is the most current CFW that is most preferred to be used (6.60 or 6.61). I have Pro CFW on my psps, but is this Infinity any better?

If this post is a repeat, please send a link so I can go to the right thread.

Many thanks!

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Infinity is definitely the latest and gives you a permanent patch on "unhackable/ cursed mobo" psp's. It does some pretty hacky stuff, if you're already on 6.61 why don't you try it out? Unless you have a psp street (e1000), in that case avoid it like the plague.

For the rest, pro-C fix3 is the one you want to have. It's the second to latest and is able to run PSX-PSN titles just fine. If you look for "psp custom firmware" in a certain blog of nico on google you may find a quick guide on setting up the latest PRO.

I personally don't like infinity and rather to have "light" non-permanent versions of CFW. Since with fast recovery its only a click and away with the thing. 10s the wait is worth it to have my psp as safe as it can be.

jonnymars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Infinity is definitely the latest and gives you a permanent patch on "unhackable/ cursed mobo" psp's. It does some pretty hacky stuff, if you're already on 6.61 why don't you try it out? Unless you have a psp street (e1000), in that case avoid it like the plague.

For the rest, pro-C fix3 is the one you want to have. It's the second to latest and is able to run PSX-PSN titles just fine. If you look for "psp custom firmware" in a certain blog of nico on google you may find a quick guide on setting up the latest PRO.

I personally don't like infinity and rather to have "light" non-permanent versions of CFW. Since with fast recovery its only a click and away with the thing. 10s the wait is worth it to have my psp as safe as it can be.

Thank you! That's how I felt about it back then too. I never had the need to apply a permanent fix. The wait is short enough that I don't feel like it's 'temporary'. Thanks for your feedback!

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally prefer pro 6.60 over 6.61 infinity. Some 6.60 plugins won't work on 6.61. I heard there's a plugin that fixes that but I haven't tried it myself yet

D

Deleted User

I have 6.61 PRO-C and have no problem, plays downloaded ISOs and PSX-PSP fine as stated above. If you don't need a permanent patch, go with it, although it takes almost no effort to run FastRecovery if you accidentally turn off, run out of battery or crash.

PSP homebrew development is pretty much dead since 2014, though, so don't expect any new stuff and expect a lot of broken links to homebrew games and such.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.