Hacking Most functioning firmware right now?!

coveiro24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Been off the grid for a while, would like to know what is the latest stable firmware to update with choidujour, to retain all the functionality of the homebrews and the games..
I know that now the atmosphere support the 12.0.0 firmware, but should i update to this version or to another not so higher?

I have a switch with the 9.20 firmware running atmosphere.

Thanks

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
afaik it installs system updates differently than Nintendo's own updater does. daybreak is supposed to install updates identically to Nintendo's methods.
Yep. Also as much as I love Rajkosto's work and the GUI of ChoiDujourNX, sadly he abbandoned not only CDNX but also the Switch scene as a whole (a great loss imho) which means ChoiDujourNX won't ever get updated most likely. Also it's not open source and if something goes wrong, no one will ever know what and why.
Daybreak on the other hand comes with Atmosphère. I mean, you can't trust anything more than that. :D

Reactions: ganons

coveiro24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you can avoid using choidujour. use daybreak provided with latest AMS.

11.0.1 most stable if you dont want to update to 12 or 12.0.1
Thanks, strangely there is 2 firmwares of that version..
Firmware 11.0.1 (Rebootless Update), and the normal Firmware 11.0.1.
Rebootless update, means what? doesn't reboot after update?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, strangely there is 2 firmwares of that version..
Firmware 11.0.1 (Rebootless Update), and the normal Firmware 11.0.1.
Rebootless update, means what? doesn't reboot after update?
You can find further details of that "rebootless" update here. I don't know why its called "rebootless" but its a silent update that your console will download regardless if you do not install it so might as well choose that one.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find further details of that "rebootless" update here. I don't know why its called "rebootless" but its a silent update that your console will download regardless if you do not install it so might as well choose that one.
N officially calls them rebootless updates, presumably that’s why they called it that.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme