Gaming Most disappointing game

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the most disappointing game you have bought/pirated on the wii?

For me Dawn of the new world is. While the story was alright, the game play sucked. I can't believe I had bought this game on preorder.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The most disappointing game that I had the most hope in would have to be Metroid Other M.
My boyfriend bought it for me as a gift and half way through the game I just stopped playing, I thought it bad from the start and it only just got worse. Honestly I would have to say that was the worst Metroid game ever and honestly the most disappointing game yet.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBricker said:
Maybe Duke Nukem for DS.
Wii lol...

For me it would be Metroid : Other M... I recorded a walkthrough(youtube) of me playing it through the first time and I stopped after reaching through that first door where the Metroids and shiz are lol...(I don't even remember if they were Metroids or normal bugs lol)

And probably 3/4 of the games on the Wii
closedeyes.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I got it before I got my Wii. I heard it was "The next Ocarina of Time". I was excited to play it. And then I played it. Then many years later I was skeptical of the new Zelda game.
I think you get my point.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby Epic Yarn. I mean visually its beautiful, but its really not a kirby game. And this is evident in what the developers have said about how Nintendo told them, just change the main character to Kirby (obviously in an effort to increase sales), doesn't hurt that a true Kirby game actually will be coming to the wii in the future. The easyness of it is what really disappoints me, you can't even die. Its not so much that you can't suck and get powers, its that you can't lose at the game, whats the point??

As for Other M, I get the complaints, but I enjoyed the game. Certainly not the greatest Metroid game, but its a lot of fun regardless if you ask me.

cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno, I really enjoyed Metroid: Other M, it was nice to have a spin off and take a break from the prime series, it wasn;t perfect but I really enjoyed the gameplay and atmosphere.

I'd say the most disappointing game for me is Mario Kart Wii. The problem with this game is it's so close to greatness yet's broken as an actual game. It's brutally unfair as it punishes skilful players and becomes a game of pure random luck. Can be super frustrating playing online too. It could of been so good too, at least the time trial is superb.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter
That is because it is quite boring. It is too easy to complete, and... it is just really boring.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
nando said:
i would agree with Other M if i hadn't bought Okami.
Oh you must be kidding about Okami ): It's a shame...

Twilight Princess for me. I didn't get pass the water-like temple and it was pretty "meh" for me. I have not played OoT, for that matter. I had played Wind Waker, and expected it to be something like that but with awesome graphics.

I also didn't like Monster Hunter Tri, which I thought would be pretty good according to all those awesome recommendations.

Another one was Fragile Dreams: Farawell Ruins of the Moon (or something like that). The gameplay was dull and boring but the story, graphics and "horror" touch (and the chicken-head man) were pretty good... The thing that made me stop playing it was an event where you have to chase an asshole in a deserted park-like scenario. I couldn't catch him, and it was really frustrating.

Lastly, all the sonic games except for Colors. I was really expecting something else.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never got around to beating Metroid: Other M, but I thought it was great...

Probably Monster Hunter 3. I had such unbelievably high expectation for it, that no game could ever be that good. Still a good game though.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
-All of the Sonic adventure games (except Sonic Colours)... we'll just count this as one.
-FF Crystal Chronicles... seriously, what was this game even supposed to be?
-All of the 2K Sports games: NHL, NBA, MLB & Top Spin (excludes both MLB Power Pros, which is really a Konami game anyway)... big sports fan here, and 2K has been nothing but disappoint on the Wii.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can only think of madworld. I grew up with beat 'em ups, a genre of games which kind of lost popularity for some reason. I had hoped madworld would return that...whatever it was that made it fun. But it didn't have it. To me, it was just a shallow attempt to remake sin city, except that it wasn't that artistic. I barely made it through the tutorials (what good is a beat 'm up if you HAVE to kill enemies in this or that way?) before I just stopped trying to have fun.

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
DjFIL said:
-All of the 2K Sports games: NHL, NBA, MLB & Top Spin (excludes both MLB Power Pros, which is really a Konami game anyway)... big sports fan here, and 2K has been nothing but disappoint on the Wii.

Really? I thought NBA 2k11 was pretty impressive. Though I admit I haven't played a proper NBA game since N64.

Like a lot of stuff mentioned in this topic, FFCC Crystal Bearer, Metroid Other M, Kirby's Epic Yarn. But the one I had high expectations for was Fling Smash, god that game looked like it could've been something awesome. But alas, it wasn't what I thought it would be at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1