More than 1 drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ISO-Man, Jun 19, 2013.

1. ISO-Man
    OP

ISO-Man GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2013
    United States
    I have a Laptop style USB Drive (650GB) using USB on left side (good side) and USB port on hub on the 2nd port with no issues. I tried to use my USB drive I 1st used on the Wii on the USB hub on the 2nd port. I enabled both port option in settings, but only 1 drive detected.

How do you get 2 drives to be seen by USB Loader GX ?

Thanks,
    ISO-Man

2. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    cIOS' don't like hubs

3. ISO-Man
    OP

ISO-Man GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2013
    United States
    Apparently For drives it doesn't :) Other devices work fine on hub though. Any work around for this?

Thanks PsyBlade,

ISO-Man

4. _acid_

_acid_ GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    lemme get this straight, ur asking if its possible to load games from the 2nd inner usb port on ur wii, right?

if so, IIRC you can only use the 2nd port for mics, and the like, you cannot use it for harddrives. i cant find any work around for it too; on any of the usb loader guides.

5. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    You're misunderstanding the OP's situation: he's using a USB hub on the Wii's port0 so that he can have 2 drives connected to port0 at once.

I would think that USB loaders would have to specifically support this setup, and I see no reason they would want to considering you can already do shenanigans to get drives recognized on port1.

6. _acid_

_acid_ GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    i see, thanks :)