Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scythe89 said:
Fyga said:
Searinox said:
Okay guys. This is all great. But as I'm running this player I notice something horrifying: is there any way to STOP the music from playing? It was already indirect enough in beta 5 that you had to bring up the menu everytime you wanted it to friggin STOP now it seems you can't do ANYTHING to stop the music player. And when you boot moonshell the next time it ALWAYS resumes where it left off. Oh gods.
I ran into the same problem & got frustrated (@Chrono-Tata, we want to stop not pause), but how I "solved" it was I hovered over a folder w/o any music tracks in it or its subfolders--i.e. skins, videos, /GBA/, etc.--and hit R+A which attempts to "Play All Tracks in Folder." It terminates all media currently playing & displays an error window, so that's my only solution ATM
I don't remember exactly, but you can move a .txt file into your moonshl2 folder which will make pressing 'b' stop the music... at least for beta5, I haven't tried beta 6 yet. Download the gbatemp translation of beta 5 and open the readme, it should say something about if you have issues to go to another folder and to another .txt file. Open and read that one and it should tell you what .txt file (a different one) to move over. Sorry that I can't be more specific.
I was such a dolt.
dry.gif
The moment I read ".txt file" I remembered; I forgot b/c it wasn't necessary in beta 5, but now it's good/necessary to have.
You're right, in beta 5's translation here, in /Misc Tools/Extras/ folder is BBtnStop.txt. Drag that to moonshl2 on your card and B-button will stop the music. Naturally, it does work in beta 6.

dnds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fyga said:
Scythe89 said:
Fyga said:
Searinox said:
Okay guys. This is all great. But as I'm running this player I notice something horrifying: is there any way to STOP the music from playing? It was already indirect enough in beta 5 that you had to bring up the menu everytime you wanted it to friggin STOP now it seems you can't do ANYTHING to stop the music player. And when you boot moonshell the next time it ALWAYS resumes where it left off. Oh gods.
I ran into the same problem & got frustrated (@Chrono-Tata, we want to stop not pause), but how I "solved" it was I hovered over a folder w/o any music tracks in it or its subfolders--i.e. skins, videos, /GBA/, etc.--and hit R+A which attempts to "Play All Tracks in Folder." It terminates all media currently playing & displays an error window, so that's my only solution ATM
I don't remember exactly, but you can move a .txt file into your moonshl2 folder which will make pressing 'b' stop the music... at least for beta5, I haven't tried beta 6 yet. Download the gbatemp translation of beta 5 and open the readme, it should say something about if you have issues to go to another folder and to another .txt file. Open and read that one and it should tell you what .txt file (a different one) to move over. Sorry that I can't be more specific.
I was such a dolt.
dry.gif
The moment I read ".txt file" I remembered; I forgot b/c it wasn't necessary in beta 5, but now it's good/necessary to have.
You're right, in beta 5's translation here, in /Misc Tools/Extras/ folder is BBtnStop.txt. Drag that to moonshl2 on your card and B-button will stop the music. Naturally, it does work in beta 6.

The music still returns when you open a text file, exit a movie, or restart Moonshell. The B button does not stop it completely.

DriftRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, last version I used was 1.71, this version looks pretier, but aside from that seems like a downgrade in nearly every way... One thing I like is that it finally uses the MP3 tags to display info, but it only shows it when you play the song, rather then allowing you to sort by it and such, making it rather... well useless.

But aside from that, it runs MUCH slower then 1.71, doesn't include the different methods of playing (shuffle etc), has a very convoluted way of pausing and skipping. In the old version, I simply pressed L to pause, and R to skip to next song. Now I have to press L and R together to pause (huh wut) and double tap R for next song (double wut?). Furthermore, the seek bar has been moved to the top screen, now correct me if I'm wrong, but the purpose of a seek bar is to seek... doesn't it make more sense on the bottom screen, so I can, you know, seek (touch screen an all, amde sense to me in 1.71!).

This is nice if I'm sitting down somewhere and doing nothing else but listening to music, but if I'm acctually driving, which is when I listen to music (outside of public transport, when I'm not driving, I generally have a life I'm getting on with

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
DriftRS said:
I'd say it has some good IDEAS going, like the MP3 tag support, and the ability to use the shoulder buttons while it's closed. But it's all been implimented really badly for any proper use. I dunno whats been going on since this beta2, but I hope this gets fixed : /
You know you can use shoulder buttons in Moonshell 1 when the lid is closed, right? Hold R then press L for pause and hold L then press R for next song, I think.

Anyway, I think it's natural that Moonshell 2 runs slower (probably drain more battery too), given all the things going on on the screen. While there are still rooms for improvement, I think you should stick with MS1 if you want quick, clean, simple interface and use MS2 if you want some flashiness.

DriftRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mm, there's definetly some nice improvments in v2, the browser is much nicer, but I think it needs to be combined with the usability of v1. I don't believe battery life should be an issue, as long as the DS is closed, it shouldn't drain any more battery life I wouldn't think.

But yeah, I'll keep an eye on this, but might jump back to v1 for now. Does anyone know of any mp3 players which can utilise the info from the mp3's to display song names, artists etc and sort them and such? Thats all we really need to have an application equal to the ipod, but no one seems to want to do it, even though everything needed for it is available.

EDIT: and thanks for the tip
smile.gif

geek_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DriftRS said:
I don't believe battery life should be an issue, as long as the DS is closed, it shouldn't drain any more battery life I wouldn't think.

On any commercial MP3 player, what mostly drains the battery is the screen, so I guess you're right...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DriftRS said:
But yeah, I'll keep an eye on this, but might jump back to v1 for now. Does anyone know of any mp3 players which can utilise the info from the mp3's to display song names, artists etc and sort them and such? Thats all we really need to have an application equal to the ipod, but no one seems to want to do it, even though everything needed for it is available.
LMP-ng can display the information but can't sort by it =/

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RupeeClock said:
Oh I hope there's an english translation of this soon, this is the first i've tried of 2.0, and it looks nice, but confusing.

I saw beta 5 was translated, can that translation be applied to beta 6?

Also, when I boot moonshell it says "Extention memory not found", even though my EZ Flash 3in1 is plugged in, any ideas?

Attempting to boot any rom always results in a crash, homebrew, commercial, or even the packaged ones.
same problem
frown.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
DriftRS said:
mm, there's definetly some nice improvments in v2, the browser is much nicer, but I think it needs to be combined with the usability of v1. I don't believe battery life should be an issue, as long as the DS is closed, it shouldn't drain any more battery life I wouldn't think.

EDIT: and thanks for the tip
smile.gif
No prob. But, about the battery thing, while I haven't tried MS2 myself (I've used Sakura DLDI, which is pretty much the same thing), when you close the lid, you can see that the green LED is blinking much faster than it would if you run MS1 and close the lid, which in turn blinks faster than when you close the lid when you are playing a commercial games. I believe it actually indicates processor speed, so since it's going faster when you use MS2 obviously it is draining more battery even when you close the lid, but by how much I don't know.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The LED blinking or not is completely arbitrary and is up to the programmer to decide. It has nothing to do with processor speed, unless you installed an Afterburner DS which uses the LED to indicate which overclocked or underclocked mode it's in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1