Homebrew Moonshell2.0 beta6 release

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tinymonkeyt said:
noob question (sorry!):
so what does the 3in1 support do? just..more memory?
and also, does that apply to 3in1+ ?

i was wondering that to, i hoped it would load normal images faster or something like that.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Okay guys. This is all great. But as I'm running this player I notice something horrifying: is there any way to STOP the music from playing? It was already indirect enough in beta 5 that you had to bring up the menu everytime you wanted it to friggin STOP now it seems you can't do ANYTHING to stop the music player. And when you boot moonshell the next time it ALWAYS resumes where it left off. Oh gods.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Supercard's soft reset patch works with homebrew just like with games so it can be used in Moonshell 2. However, I have noticed that with this new version there are problems sometimes. I used to have a near 100% soft reset success rate with beta 5, 6.1 sometimes locks up. It's sad because MS2 was really the only homebrew that worked so well with SC's soft reset. Now it locks up 20% of the time, just like DSOrganize, Colors and all the other apps.

GameFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make moonshell reset take the file on root of your card, for me its called Akmenu4.nds(IDK what it's called on other cards) and copy it into the resetmse folder. Then open logbuf.txt and look for where it says ID=xxxx(for me it says RPGS) and rename the file you copied in the resetmse folder with this name and add leave it as .nds.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just in case people dont know for acekard2 and rpg soft-reset, simply copy akmenu4.nds to the resetmse folder and rename akmenu4.nds to RPGS.nds

Fyga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
Okay guys. This is all great. But as I'm running this player I notice something horrifying: is there any way to STOP the music from playing? It was already indirect enough in beta 5 that you had to bring up the menu everytime you wanted it to friggin STOP now it seems you can't do ANYTHING to stop the music player. And when you boot moonshell the next time it ALWAYS resumes where it left off. Oh gods.
I ran into the same problem & got frustrated (@Chrono-Tata, we want to stop not pause), but how I "solved" it was I hovered over a folder w/o any music tracks in it or its subfolders--i.e. skins, videos, /GBA/, etc.--and hit R+A which attempts to "Play All Tracks in Folder." It terminates all media currently playing & displays an error window, so that's my only solution ATM

ohaythar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
noob here

I am using a CycloDS Evolution updated to the latest firmware (1.5 beta 4, I think), and a 2 Gb Sandisk MicroSD, with about 10 Mb of free space. Nothing in SLOT 2.

On my memory card, I have a folder with around 240 music files. When I used Moonshell 2 Beta 5, I was able to access this folder and its containing files with minimal lag.

On the new release, and also on the English translation by densetsu3000 (a superb translation, btw), I'm getting a tremendous amount of lag. It takes up to 10 seconds to load the folder, and the same amount of time to load any files in the folder. It also takes this long to load the menu from the folder, and when Moonshell restarts from that folder, the restart time lags also.

Does anyone recognize why this is happening? And why its happening only on this release?

Thanks

Scythe89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fyga said:
Searinox said:
I ran into the same problem & got frustrated (@Chrono-Tata, we want to stop not pause), but how I "solved" it was I hovered over a folder w/o any music tracks in it or its subfolders--i.e. skins, videos, /GBA/, etc.--and hit R+A which attempts to "Play All Tracks in Folder." It terminates all media currently playing & displays an error window, so that's my only solution ATM

I don't remember exactly, but you can move a .txt file into your moonshl2 folder which will make pressing 'b' stop the music... at least for beta5, I haven't tried beta 6 yet. Download the gbatemp translation of beta 5 and open the readme, it should say something about if you have issues to go to another folder and to another .txt file. Open and read that one and it should tell you what .txt file (a different one) to move over. Sorry that I can't be more specific.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Scythe89 said:
Fyga said:
Searinox said:

I don't remember exactly, but you can move a .txt file into your moonshl2 folder which will make pressing 'b' stop the music... at least for beta5, I haven't tried beta 6 yet. Download the gbatemp translation of beta 5 and open the readme, it should say something about if you have issues to go to another folder and to another .txt file. Open and read that one and it should tell you what .txt file (a different one) to move over. Sorry that I can't be more specific.
You can also delete resume.pls in /moonshl2, but obviously this is a temporary solution (only works until the next time you play music). I tried making the file read-only, but Moonshell 2 just throws an error when it tries to write it and finds that it's read only.

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I transferred this to my awesome DS-X (
smileipb2.png
), and when I tried to run it, it game me an error, all the LEDs started flashing like hell, and my card was suddenly filled up with folders in japanese. Had to format it to get it to work again (luckily I backed it up just 5 minutes before trying) =P

Oh well, will wait for the english release then

kesadisan

Trophies
Website
www.lonestudio.net
XP
Country
Indonesia
just wait a minute, isn't there is a language selector on the zip it self
you can select from many language including English. Spanish. France, etc

and i got problem
i using EDGE, and moonshell doesn't detect i have memory expansion(ez-flash) attached on slot 2
any fix for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1