Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
stratton_865 said:
Topfragger said:
but that's not my main concern, the DPG tools for moonshell are completely worthless, they only encode 4 formats which are very little in difference, and any computer can support, AVI WMV MPG DivX and such, Wheres the MP4 wheres the VOB support? wheres the more detailed options for encoding? wheres the instructions?

You'll need to download some codecs. If Windows Media Player can't play it, then you can't convert it. There is a decent codec pack here: CCCP . Advanced options can found on the "Option (O)" menu.

if ffdshow would add dpg support i'd be using the mpg mod of vdub to do all my dpg encoding! vdub > *

-aw

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Celice said:
QUOTE said:
Works out of the box.
Well damn... it wouldn't matter that I have the old SuperCard ONE, would it? The black one?
Yup, that's the issue. The SCDS uses a variant of Moonshell 1.41 as its loader. Install 1.71 to your card with the Moonshell installer program, launch it from the SCDS menu (I know launching Moonshell from Moonshell sounds silly, but whatever), then navigate to your *.spc file and launch it. You don't have to worry about conflicting directory files since 1.71 uses the "moonshl" folder for its system files, not whatever the SCDS uses for its firmware stuff.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I was going to try and do that, but then the readme for that version didn't say a thing about SPCs... Let me try this (no the moonshell thing makes perfect sense ^^).

Well it worked, which is nice, 'cause now I have a slew more music at a lower size--too bad the SPC player doesn't sound as good as some of the others :/ But hey, it works.

There's no way I could trick the SuperCard into loading the newer Moonshell, is there? I'd assume the card boots by the filename, not by something else, so a simple rename might do it.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SCDS loader, while based off of Moonshell, is still highly customized for the SCDS hardware (for instance, the ability to launch commercial games, patch files on launch, etc.) so a simple rename won't work. You're stuck with 1.41 there.

Also, if you want to try it out (and I can't believe I forgot about this earlier), SNEmulDS has an "SPC Jukebox" feature that lets you play any SPC file instead of whatever the game is playing, so there's another DLDI-capable SPC player you can try to see if you like it. It won't be as easy to use as Moonshell, and all your SPC files will have to be in the "SNES" folder, but perhaps you might get better audio quality this way.

Granted, it'll probably sound exactly the same considering there is only one SPC engine out there which is used by Moonshell, DSOrganize, PocketSPC, and every SNES emulator for the DS, but it's still worth a shot.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole reason why I wanted Moonshell was for the ability to play the SPCs with the game closed. I like to listen to the music that way as I transit to college and whatnots. I don't remember trying the SNES emulator and whether or it was able to do that :/ Same goes for DSOrganize.

I tried PocketSPC, but it seemed like I had to covert each song individually, which would take forever. Is it still like that (I haven't checked in a while either)?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since PocketSPC has no filesystem support, you'd be limited to 2-3 MB of SPC files per *.nds file, which can understandably get annoying quickly.

If you can live with the Moonshell SPC quality, that would be your best bet in terms of usability. I just checked and realized that the SPC Jukebox feature doesn't work with the lid closed, so that rules out SNEmulDS. DSOrganize would still work, though when the lid closes it restricts output to the headphones only, not speakers.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I might try out DSOrganize again then. But it looks like I'll stick with the Moonshell. Thanks for all DanTheManMS, along with the others. This has been bothering me on and off for the past months, and every once in a while I bother looking into it again. This time I've actually gotten a solution ^^

One last question I can think of though: is my version of Moonshell able to have custom clocks or no?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon