Homebrew Moonshell plugins? What is MAIO?

env

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Or...
Video > Moonshell 2
MP3 > Moonshell 2
Pictures > Moonshell 2
Text > Moonshell 2
Emulators & Homebrew > Moonshell 2
ROMs > AKAIO loader for Moonshell 2
Play media, Play Games, Play Dead.
MOONSHELL DOES EVERYTHING*
smileipb2.png

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
SifJar said:
dnniwa485 said:
^Max Media supports Moonshell 2, as long as you DLDI patch it. See AutoDLDI application for patching the nds rom of moonshell 2

Really? Last time I tried (around beta 7 IIRC), it didn't work on MMD, even if you patched it. Have you actually tried it, or are you just assuming that because the patch is there, it will work?
People who say things like this really annoy me.
You'd get your answer much faster if you just TRY IT YOURSELF!

If you try it, and it doesn't work, come back and say "Hey I tried it, but it didn't work... are you sure it should work?"

Well, not all of us have uber-fast broadband with unlimited download allowance. MoonShell AFAIK is about 30MB, which is a relatively large download for something which may not work. I don't want to waste the download allowance causing our ISP to charge us extra. Hence, I'm asking a reasonable question about whether the guy who claims it works has actually tried it. Don't think its too much to ask, and I wasn't asking you to try it.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
twiztidsinz said:
SifJar said:
dnniwa485 said:
^Max Media supports Moonshell 2, as long as you DLDI patch it. See AutoDLDI application for patching the nds rom of moonshell 2

Really? Last time I tried (around beta 7 IIRC), it didn't work on MMD, even if you patched it. Have you actually tried it, or are you just assuming that because the patch is there, it will work?
People who say things like this really annoy me.
You'd get your answer much faster if you just TRY IT YOURSELF!

If you try it, and it doesn't work, come back and say "Hey I tried it, but it didn't work... are you sure it should work?"

Well, not all of us have uber-fast broadband with unlimited download allowance. MoonShell AFAIK is about 30MB, which is a relatively large download for something which may not work. I don't want to waste the download allowance causing our ISP to charge us extra. Hence, I'm asking a reasonable question about whether the guy who claims it works has actually tried it. Don't think its too much to ask, and I wasn't asking you to try it.
30MB is a lot?
blink.gif

If your ISP is metered by the GB, 30MB is 0.03.
You realize you could probably eat through 30MB of bandwidth pretty quickly while simply browsing a forum... let alone other things like Skype or other VoIP. And that one YouTube video is probably just as much as the download?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
30MB is a lot?
blink.gif

You realize you could probably eat through 30MB of bandwidth pretty quickly while simply browsing a forum... let alone other things like Skype or other VoIP. And that one YouTube video is probably just as much as the download?

Yes I do. That's why I don't want to waste any. We only have a couple of GB a month, and we have several reasonably heavy downloaders using the connection. I do not have ANY to spare, especially as I forgot to record a couple of TV shows recently and have had to use online catch up services. I really don't think its too much to ask for someone to follow through on their claims. 30MB may not be a large download, but it is for something that doesn't work. Where possible I avoid downloading files over ~10MB unless I am SURE they will work and I will get use out of whatever it is.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
twiztidsinz said:
30MB is a lot?
blink.gif

Yes I do. That's why I don't want to waste any. We only have a couple of GB a month, and we have several reasonably heavy downloaders using the connection. I do not have ANY to spare, especially as I forgot to record a couple of TV shows recently and have had to use online catch up services. I really don't think its too much to ask for someone to follow through on their claims. 30MB may not be a large download, but it is for something that doesn't work. Where possible I avoid downloading files over ~10MB unless I am SURE they will work and I will get use out of whatever it is.
Ok fine...
Why should YOUR problems be someone elses?
Why should someone else test something for YOU?
Why do you delete files like the latest Moonshell 2? Terrabyte drives are common, and cheap, 30MB is 0.00003% of a 1TB drive.
Why don't you better manage your bandwidth usage? You probably use more than 30MB a day browsing GBAtemp alone.

My point is... there are plenty of things YOU could do to solve or avoid this problem. And it's stupid and selfish to rely on others to do what YOU can and should do for yourself.
But whatever. I'm done hijacking this thread.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
SifJar said:
twiztidsinz said:
30MB is a lot?
blink.gif

Ok fine...
Why should YOUR problems be someone elses?
Why should someone else test something for YOU?
Why do you delete files like the latest Moonshell 2? Terrabyte drives are common, and cheap, 30MB is 0.00003% of a 1TB drive.
Why don't you better manage your bandwidth usage? You probably use more than 30MB a day browsing GBAtemp alone.

My point is... there are plenty of things YOU could do to solve or avoid this problem. And it's stupid and selfish to rely on others to do what YOU can and should do for yourself.
But whatever. I'm done hijacking this thread.

I never HAD the latest MoonShell, I had an older version which didn't work, why would I keep it? I have a 60GB hard drive, not a terabyte hard drive, I'm not made of money mate. I was just asking him to backup his claims. I wasn't trying to make my problems anyone else's problems. I was simply saving my self a little hassle. I apologize if that is unacceptable to you, but if it is, I feel you're a bit of a jerk to be quite honest. I never asked you to do anything for, maybe you could try minding your own business?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sifjar if you want, you can test this moonshell2 where I went and removed every possible thing I could think of (most of it, I left the loaders it came with since those wouldn't do much to the size anyways)
http://www.mediafire.com/?hnueuuymdjw
Its about 5.3mb, so its within your personal limit. Couple things to note, you probably have no .midi support with this (I didn't try it though, just guessing)...launch folder is empty, extlink folder is pretty much empty, languages consist of one language (English), skins consist of one default. The other stuff is fairly extra stuff to get, but if you want the file that I deleted (if this works on your card), just PM me and I'll send that over (~9mb). Hope it works if you try it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks, i'll try that later when i'm at my computer. good to know there are some decent people out there
smile.gif
btw, sorry for going off topic everyone
frown.gif

EDIT: Tried it, didn't work. Thanks anyway. I'm glad I didn't download 30MB to have it not work...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?