Moonshell issue

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Wolvenreign, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Wolvenreign
    OP

Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    So I boot up my CycloDS, trying to get Moonshell to work, and I get this error...
    Code:
    ÂÂÂÂFatalError: main.cpp: 241 LoadLangs: #00000: Can not move to language folder.tion v1.
    ÂÂApplication halted !!
    Position in file: 0x0000F680
    Position in memory: 0x0200F680
    Patch Base Address: 0x2004A40
    Relocation offset: 0x0000AC40

Patched successfully
    FAT_FreeFiles
    ARM7Wait: Copy EWRAM to ARM7InternalMemory
    . and RESET Memory.
    REBOOT
    resetMemory1_ARM9
    resetMemory2load ARM9 NoBIOS
    I've tried redownloading it, but it does the same thing every time.

What's going on here?

2. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Have you tried backing up your memorycard, reformatting it & then reinstallling Moonshell ?
    Or
    Did you just download it & reinstalled over the original installation ?

I had some problems way back with installing Moonshell2 & had errors when running (not sure if they were the same as yours though - I had a different card at the time)

When I reformatted and reinstalled MoonShell2, firmware then games etc (in that exact order) everything worked fine

3. Wolvenreign
    OP

Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah, I tried reformatting and reinstalling everything. Same issue, unfortunately.

4. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Well that's virtually all my ideas out the window then - except for
    • 'Which version of moonshell have you tried ?'
      'Have you tried another different version ?'
    EDIT: Oh hang on - just looked on CycloDS site.
    They have 'Moonshell v2.09 for CycloDS Evolution' so I'm guessing it MIGHT be a customised version of Moonshell

EDIT #2: OK I've downloaded both the evo version & the 'normal' 2.09 & there is a difference.
    It seems that the evo version is smaller & that it COULD be because Cyclo seems to have deleted things from it like additional languages etc

Other than that I can't see any other differences between the Cyclo version & the normal version.
    I can only suggest that If you tried the Cyclo version - try the full 2.09 version or if that works maybe you could try the latest version afterwards

5. leiger

leiger GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2009
    You can also get a bunch of moonshell downloads from here: http://cyclods.wikidot.com/homebrew:moonshell (look on the right under "Available versions")

Anything with "(Evo)" on the end is a custom version from Team Cyclops - basically, it's been stripped down to the basics so that it's (a) less to download, and (b) takes up less space on your microSD card. Just as 'CannonFoddr' wrote.